MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Pc transcoder

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
White Powder MaPc transcoder
by on Aug 14, 2006 at 7:29:54 am

Part of my workflow has been taking movies from our Media 100 V8 system onto the PeeCee bound for Procoder. Reading of the Media 100 codec movies was achieved of course via the M100 PC (iFinish) transcoder. This has worked fine for years. After (or co-incidentally around the same time) as updating to QT7 I can no longer read the M100 movies. No error message I just get a blank player

I have re-installed the .qtx transcoder fresh from the M100 site, but to no avail. I *do* note that with QT 7 Apple seems to have changed the structure of the QT plug-ins ... in QT6 and before the transcoder (as per the M100 instructions) used to sit in Windows>System32 folder, but in QT 7 I see that all the .qtx files have moved to Program Files>Quicktime>QTsystem. I have tried placing the transcoder in here with no luck.

Anyone know if this is a known issue ?

- D

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Pc transcoder
by on Aug 14, 2006 at 9:53:18 am

Yes, this is a known issue. The iFinish transcoder currently does not work with QuickTime 7 on Windows. You should downgrade to QuickTime 6.5.x to use the Transcoder on Windows.

Return to posts index

Ben HeusnerRe: Pc transcoder
by on Aug 14, 2006 at 9:55:44 am

Floh, you beat me to the punch! Hope things are going well for you, long time no see.

Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Pc transcoder
by on Aug 14, 2006 at 10:05:18 am

[Ben Heusner] "Floh, you beat me to the punch"

:-)

WIll you be at IBC? If yes, we probably will meet there...

Return to posts index

Ben HeusnerRe: Pc transcoder
by on Aug 14, 2006 at 9:54:42 am

Yep. Known issue.

If you do a search on the forums there are topics on this going back to last year. Downgrade to QT 6.5 is the only current option.

Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

Jim Wilkinson-RayRe: Pc transcoder
by on Sep 13, 2006 at 2:51:22 am

White Powder Ma ,
I have to admit that I think I have been missing an important trick you mention in this post...I often also have to move Media100 videos from my Mac over to PC for Procoder, but, I hate to admit the awkward workflow I've been using. (I work in Media 100 ver 7.5) Can you indulge me and please describe, step by step, how you move the M100 file over to the PC and use the iFinish transcoder?

Thanks!
Jim

Corp. Communications & PR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]