MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

applle mac pro and media 100 Hde

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregapplle mac pro and media 100 Hde
by on Aug 8, 2006 at 5:15:19 pm

Will the new intel mac work with media 100 hDe? Any news when we'll know? Thanks

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: applle mac pro and media 100 Hde
by on Aug 8, 2006 at 6:08:16 pm

Hi Greg,

Looks like AJA are releasing the new drivers for the cards in a few weeks which means there's no hardware issues. I asked Media 100 about UB versions this morning and they say that they will be "announcing support for Intel Macs shortly".

My gut feel is that this will be part of V11.5 due to debut at IBC (early september)this year, but that's just a guess. Perhaps a UB version of V11 will come sooner.

Here's hoping!

Return to posts index

David C.Re: applle mac pro and media 100 Hde
by on Aug 8, 2006 at 7:59:16 pm

Hello everybody,

BorisFX and Media 100 are currently engineering products to support a universal binary and will support the new Intel Mac Pro computers in upcoming releases. We do not have a release date at this time.

Don't forget BorisFX and Media 100 currently support the PowerMac G5 desktop configurations which can still be purchased through Apple Computer.

I'll announce more information when it becomes available.

Dave

Return to posts index

GregThanks Kieran and david
by on Aug 9, 2006 at 1:05:24 am

Thanks Kieran! You're always a great help. David, why would I buy a a G5 when the intel is there now?

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Thanks Kieran and david
by on Aug 9, 2006 at 2:51:41 pm

Hi,

I've always said that you purchase the tools that are available to you today to get your work done and to make your business successful. Trying to gauge the future of high tech is tricky business and while the new Mac Pro computers are compelling; there are still many companies that have a lot of work to do to get to the Universal Binary. Those companies, including Media 100 and BorisFX and Adobe have working software for a great computer (PowerMac G5). We will support both platforms (Power Mac and Mac Pro) for years to come so there is no risk in purchasing a PowerMac G5 computer. So, if you need to get work done today purchase a system that has all of the tools available.

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]