MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100HD Setup on SDI

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
markmoon
M100HD Setup on SDI
on Aug 2, 2006 at 2:24:09 am

Hi everyone..

I've been with Media 100 since 1.0.. Have 2 systems running plus a new M100HD.
It has really worked for me over many years and just can't go to any other system (tried them all)
OK Tell me how all of you guys are dealing with this one!

Media100HD is adding Setup to every SDI input signal you digitize into the system. Infact it is so bad that if you just look at your two monitors on your display and notice that the source monitor has a 7.5 ire setup on it and the record is 0 black..

I have been having to go into color correction and use a custom gamma and level pull down to bring it to "normal".. Is everybody editing with this at 7.5 ire input change.. it really is a problem.. Believe me I LOVE Media 100 and would NEVER think about the change .. but this is a real problem..

Just want to hear that others recognize this and realize the importance of Media 100 fixing this problem...

Thanks
Mark

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: M100HD Setup on SDI
on Aug 2, 2006 at 10:54:07 am

Hi markmoon,

Are you using PAL or NTSC?

How are you determining that setup is being introduced, and are the effects visible on a waveform scope on the SDI output?

When you say the record viewer is at "0" do you mean 0IRE or 0RGB ? (The two windows are generally different as they often default to illegal 0 RGB "superblack" rather than legal 16RGB video black when no clips are being displayed)

K

Return to posts index

markmoon
on Aug 2, 2006 at 12:14:35 pm

Yes I am in NTSC and Standard Def.
I am using an SDI Tektronix Scope. SDI Signal from my HDCAM or Digital Betacam deck is showing up with setup on it on the output of the Media 100..

As you know there should be NO setup on serial video.. Black fro the deck should be 0 ire.. not 7.5 ire Media 100 is introducing it .. and there is no way around it..

It's so obvious.. that I really don't see how everyone is dealing with it..

Very frustrating..
thanks
mark

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Aug 2, 2006 at 12:25:41 pm

[markmoon] "As you know there should be NO setup on serial video.. Black fro the deck should be 0 ire.. not 7.5 ire Media 100 is introducing it .. and there is no way around it.."

Two questions: if you are measuring your SDI out from the deck directly via SDI, and then through the Media 100 system (SDI in and out), is there a difference?
And if you digitize black in Media 100 into the Media 100 i codec and open the resulting clip in AfterEffects, does the clips RGB 8bit values read as 16,16,16? If yes, then the setup probably is added on output...

Floh

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Aug 2, 2006 at 11:07:33 am

Luckily we work only with PAL footage so we don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]