MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100i graphics tracks not rendering completely

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark_R
M100i graphics tracks not rendering completely
on Jul 26, 2006 at 6:25:38 am

Hi All, yes I'm new to the list but a longtime (over10yrs) M100 opperator.
My system specs are listed below.
The problem is that currently I set up one or two graphics tracks with simple titles or supers over a 20min program. Running the system at 240k quality and editing from DVCam footage.
As I'm working on the program I can play and view the whole thing in real time no worries.
Trouble shows when I render or go to export which requires rendering anyway.
Some of the graphics play fine but some play over a black background instead of the live footage???

All suggestions appreciated
Mark

M100i/xs v8.2.2
Qtm 6.5.2
OS 10.3.9
Dual 1.4Gb G4
768 SDRAM

Return to posts index

Jeff Heath
Re: M100i graphics tracks not rendering completely
on Jul 26, 2006 at 1:02:06 pm

Mark,

I had a similar problem this weekend. The solution was to shorten the name of the title M100 uses for the title in the graphics track, mine was too long. Do you name your titles or do you leave them as title, title 2, etc. ?

I've run into this before. Having too many letters for the title of the graphics track prevented the title from rendering. I'm not sure if this is your issue.

Good Luck
Jeff

Return to posts index

Mark_R
Re: M100i graphics tracks not rendering completely
on Jul 27, 2006 at 5:55:52 am

[Jeff Heath] "I had a similar problem this weekend. The solution was to shorten the name of the title M100 uses for the title in the graphics track, mine was too long"

thanks Jeff, but I don't think it's the names this time. My graphic names are the likes of "fredrika" and "draft 2" in this project and similar in another project giving the same symptoms.

I am starting to look at external drive read/write speeds. My average speeds test at 35Mb/s except for one drive at 14.4Mb/s. I will have a look at a work around to avoid that slow drive and then try the render again
Mark

M100i/xs v8.2.2
Qtm 6.5.2
OS 10.3.9
Dual 1.4Gb G4
768 SDRAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]