MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

whats the deal with Media 100i and targa file seq?- Take 2

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Quitiquit
whats the deal with Media 100i and targa file seq?- Take 2
on Jul 25, 2006 at 3:30:46 pm

That's the subject line for Matt Stoltz post from back on March 22, 2005. He also says:

hey all- i imported a targa file the other day and it was all good until I tried to splice 2 pieces of that targa file together

i put the first one down and then tried to set diff in and out points on the orginal and when i layed that in to timeline it was black --like it wasnt there -then when i tried to go back to hi tthe souce button it made my file like 30 min long --then i couldnt even see it any more.

anybody know about this

thanks
matt

I couldn't have said it any better myself. But it looks like he never got a response and now I'm seeing the same problem. (I usually don't use targa sequences myself, but sometimes you take what you can get.)

Anybody ever come up with a solution? Or at least an explanation? Floh? I'm constantly amazed at the breadth of your knowledge on this kind of stuff.

Greg Q.

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: whats the deal with Media 100i and targa file seq?- Take 2
on Jul 25, 2006 at 5:52:03 pm

Hi Greg,

This is a long standing issue with imported image sequences. When you import multiple files into one clip, cutting or otherwise manipulating the clip causes the problems you mention as it loses track of the sequence. Even Boris can't make proper use of image sequences if they are taken from the bin using the bin browser.

To utilise clips properly you need to "fix" them. I use the "render range to bin" function to make a proper clip out of them which can then be treated normally, but I'm sure there are other ways.

The RRTB method allows you to name the clip in such a way that it appears in the media folder under that name - great for media management.

K

Return to posts index

Greg Quitiquit
Re: whats the deal with Media 100i and targa file seq?- Take 2
on Jul 25, 2006 at 6:16:33 pm

Thanks! Although a bit tedious, this works and it's certainly less tedious than any of the other workarounds I'd already come up with. Now if only I had time to learn enough AppleScript to automate this process.

Greg Q.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]