MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 files viewing/encoding on a PC?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy TaplinM100 files viewing/encoding on a PC?
by on Jul 24, 2006 at 5:06:01 pm

Hi

After installing the iFinish transcoder on my PC I can open/view M100 files in some apps (actually just Cinemacraft MPEG-2 encoder)but not in Procoder or QT both of which refuse to open M100 self-contained files.

Is there some other transcoder or codec needed to view/encode M100 files on the PC in all apps?

MPEG-2, WMV and Flash encoding just seem to work better and faster on the PC IMHO.

Thanks

Andy Taplin

Return to posts index

FlohRe: M100 files viewing/encoding on a PC?
by on Jul 24, 2006 at 5:19:18 pm

Both Procoder and QuickTime usually work with the iFinsih Transcoder. The only reason I can think about right now why this does not work on your system is that you are using QuickTime 7. The Transcoder currently is not compatible with QT7 on Windows (and I would guess that it does not get an update anytime soon), so maybe that

Return to posts index

Andy TaplinRe: M100 files viewing/encoding on a PC?
by on Jul 26, 2006 at 5:53:17 pm

Many Thanks Floh

I am using QT7 on the PC as well as Mac. When I try to open a M100 QT I just get the colapsed QT player (with greyed our buttons) as if opening an audio file.

Cinemacraft (MPEG encoder) works fine though.

Andy

Return to posts index

FlohRe: M100 files viewing/encoding on a PC?
by on Jul 26, 2006 at 5:55:55 pm

[Andy Taplin] "I am using QT7 on the PC as well as Mac. When I try to open a M100 QT I just get the colapsed QT player (with greyed our buttons) as if opening an audio file."

It is not a problem on the Mac with QT7, only on the PC. So it seems like Cinemacraft does not use the standard QuickTime access to the files but uses something own via the Transcoder which still works. QT7 with the Transcoder does not work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]