MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

How do I input a WMV data video file on CD to Media 100 to edit and put on DVD?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Robbins
How do I input a WMV data video file on CD to Media 100 to edit and put on DVD?
on Jul 23, 2006 at 5:22:15 am

Mac G-4 Dual 1.44 OS 10.9.3 Media100i XR 8.2.2

A Customer sent me a 48min movie of a wedding video on CD. It is 178 MB and info says it is a data file. Just looking at it on the small window on my monitor the quality is very poor. They want me to lighten it and then put it on a DVD format. I have not discussed it with them yet. They just mailed it to me for and estimate in cost.

Is it possible to open or digitize this CD video into a Media 100 bin so I can get it to a timeline?

If not, I guess they will just have to provide the original tape media so I can deal with it properly. Or they are left with what they have now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have never had this come up before.

Thanks,

jerome

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
Re: How do I input a WMV data video file on CD to Media 100 to edit and put on DVD?
on Jul 23, 2006 at 5:34:00 am

I have a *really old* version of Media100i.
I have 7.5 running on OS9.

I recently heard that v11 is codec independant, so I assume you could import the wmv directly(??Someone wanna double check this for me?).

Personally, since I merely have 7.5 on 0S9, I actually convert the WMVs into uncompressed AVI files, and then import the AVI into Media100.

I have a PC as well as a Mac, and I use the PC for this job, - a program called Graph Edit, which can be downloaded from Microsoft's website for free.

The trouble is, an uncompressed AVI eats up huge amounts of hard drive space, and also takes ages to import into Media100.

Naturally, if you can obtain the original tape - fantastic, that'll be the easiest way out.

Other than that...hang around a bit, and lots more people, who are wiser than me, and have more uptodate versions of Media100, will no doubt stop by this forum, and give you some better answers. =P

Return to posts index

Jim Calahan
Re: How do I input a WMV data video file on CD to Media 100 to edit and put on DVD?
on Jul 23, 2006 at 6:19:18 am

I would update Media100 to 8.2.3a so you can move up to Tiger and Quicktime 7 as it will play the wmv because flip4mac reader is part of it now. I think it should import into Media100 i, I know it will import into SW and HD, won't be pretty though to blow it up that much to mpeg 2.

Jim Calahan
KVIE, Sacramento

Return to posts index

Jerome Robbins
on Jul 24, 2006 at 5:29:41 am

I have Flip4Mac so I can view the viideo. But how do I import it?

jerome

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Jul 24, 2006 at 12:37:37 pm

Hi Jerome,

Use either Quicktime Pro or MPEG Streamclip to open the wmv file then use it to export the wmv as a media 100 file using the software codecs.

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]