MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
by on Jul 23, 2006 at 5:09:52 am

With new products launched, anyone up for updating the Wikipedia entry for Media100?

I just added a link to these forums, but, er, it's 6:08am atm, and am not sure I trust myself to update the rest of it atm ( have been up all night and am not entirely with it ).

Return to posts index

Jeff HeathRe: Wikipedia
by on Jul 24, 2006 at 6:30:12 pm

Would you now call the Media 100 i prodcuts LE, LX, XR & XS as legacy products?

Return to posts index

AjmetzRe: Wikipedia
by on Jul 25, 2006 at 5:17:53 am

I guess so.

I wasn't sure, as to tell the truth I wasn't sure whether Legacy just meant old, or was a type of port or something, but judging by the definition gives, Legacy Systems are:

"An old or outdated computer system that remains in use even after more modern technology has been installed, usually because a company has invested considerable time and money into it and it still holds valuable data. A legacy system may also be an entrenched data management platform that contains proprietary, custom-designed software. Fortunately, new software products are designed to work with legacy systems (or at least to import data from them)."

So I guess it's just a term for old software.

A quick look at Media100, and they're not currently selling Media100i anymore, so I guess we can call it legacy.

I guess what needs to happen mainly, is to shift the "announced products" to the "current products" bit....

Return to posts index

AjmetzRe: Wikipedia
by on Jul 28, 2006 at 2:58:21 am

I have done a very crude update to the entry.

Added HD Suite, HDe and SDe and Media100i Tuneup to the "Current Products" section, and added Media100 11.5 to the announced products section.

Dunno if others want to polish my crudity.
Er...if that's a word. ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved