MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Version 11 Changes/Updates

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby MosaediMedia 100 Version 11 Changes/Updates
by on Jul 10, 2006 at 9:08:37 pm

I requested the release notes from Media100 regarding the bug fixes / changes / updates in version 11 for those who wanted those:

Fixed Issues from Previous Versions of Media 100

Media 100 i codec files with Alpha Channels now work on the Video Composition Tracks.

Adding a clip to a program, where the clip has no classic color filter applied, resulted in
the clip showing that it must be rendered if in HD or NON real-time in SD.

When you advance through an audio clip using the arrow keys with audio scan on to find
the beginning of the audio, you get different start points with the right and left arrow keys.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Media 100 Version 11 Changes/Updates
by on Jul 11, 2006 at 9:50:08 am

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for the info. Nice to see Media 100 cracking through those issues!

This has me a bit concerned,

"Media 100 Title Suite

Return to posts index

Arthur DentRe: Media 100 Version 11 Changes/Updates
by on Jul 11, 2006 at 1:16:44 pm

As I understand it, This is some of the 'increased Boris integration'. Title suite is Graffiti, Effects suite is FX and Composite suite is RED. So on the install of the new AJA package, your system key determines which package you're allowed...

~A.D.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 11, 2006 at 1:27:06 pm

Ah yes! Thanks for that Arthur.

I wonder if you can still install your existing copies of RED et al in the same way as before. If not then that changes the game a little.

Return to posts index

Arthur DentRe: Media 100 Version 11 Changes/Updates
by on Jul 11, 2006 at 2:29:01 pm

I believe that you can still install RED separately and it will work exactly as expected.

Return to posts index

drolloRe: Media 100 Version 11 Changes/Updates
by on Jul 11, 2006 at 2:58:58 pm

Yes, you can install your RED version and still works the same.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 11, 2006 at 3:32:32 pm

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 Version 11 Changes/Updates
by on Jul 13, 2006 at 9:46:45 pm

Bobby, one thing that really bugs me (10.1.3) is having to render a dissolve before seeing if it is right. This is while working in 8bit uncompressed HD. I know that in 'vertical render" the mix can be seen by scrolling frame by frame but that's not the same as running it. Also with video in the opacity track opacity changes cannot be viewed without rendering, again a real pain. Am I right and is there any hope of realtime playing of these FX with HD?

Return to posts index

Bobby MVRe: Media 100 Version 11 Changes/Updates
by on Jul 17, 2006 at 11:26:48 pm

All the real-time features that were available in SD timelines are now working in HD resolution across ALL codecs, with transitions, clipFX, timeFX, and ColorFX. if these features would have been available at the time of HD's release, who knows how much farther ahead media100 would have been by now. I just enjoy the ability to mix the multiple codecs. don't need to think about it anymore.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]