MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

BVW-50 and Media100 recording problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
InfomercialKing
BVW-50 and Media100 recording problems
on Jul 10, 2006 at 2:05:23 pm

I am trying to record onto my BVW-50 deck and it won't record.

I have a RGB component cable connected to my junction box that has a 26-pin connector that connects to my camera input of my BVW-50 deck. And that is connected correctly.

The Media100 manual says to connect the composite input of the Junction Box to the composite output of the BVW-50 for a reference signal but it still won't record--the tapoe doesn't move and the pause button blinks and nothing is recorded. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Infomercial King

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
Re: BVW-50 and Media100 recording problems
on Jul 10, 2006 at 8:49:06 pm

A couple of questions:

Has this deck ever worked on this system before?

Are you simply hitting Play and Record on the deck, or are you using the M100 to control the deck remotely?

I have two M100 systems, one with a UVW-1800 Beta Deck, the other with a BVW-75 Beta deck, and for both I use the composite out from the junction box to the ref in on the Beta deck. Never had a problem with sync on either system with this setup.

Return to posts index

InfomercialKing
on Jul 10, 2006 at 9:59:33 pm

Hi, thank you for responding!

I have a UVW-1400 and it works fimne and for that deck I do the same thinga s you suggest.

In the hardware manual for Media100i xr it specially gives the example of a BVW-50 deck and says to connect the composite IN of the junction box to the composite OUT of the BVW-50. When I first read this I thought it was a mistake--I tried this and it does NOT work.

1) I checked the M100 boards and the junction box component out and they are fine.
2) The strange thing is that the PUSE button flashes and the tape never moves. But if I connect the deck to a camera it records perfectly so I know that the deck is okay.

I think it must be a problem with the reference signal that the BVW-50 deck needs. And I also think the Media100 manual is wrong about how to attach the BVW-50 deck.

Where on a BVW-50 should the reference signal be put into?

The Infomercial King

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
on Jul 10, 2006 at 10:39:08 pm

Please take note that I'm not familiar with using this model deck in an edit configuration, so this may or may not work......

I found an online copy of the manual at http://www.broadcaststore.com/pdf/model/10008/sony_bvw-50.pdf
It looks like the VIDEO IN is also uses as a sync input. I'm assuming that you will need to keep the switch above that input set to CAMERA, or it will be recording the composite signal.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Return to posts index

InfomercialKing
on Jul 10, 2006 at 11:19:08 pm

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

How can I repay you?

I was looking everywhere for a manual for the BVW-50 deck I bought on eBay!

If you ever need TV time,call me!

Or if you need a question about programming in C/C++, .NET. or xcode answered!

That manual is a Godsend!

The Infomercial King

Return to posts index

InfomercialKing
Re: Solution to BVW-50 and Media100 recording problems
on Jul 11, 2006 at 12:21:28 pm

Here is what finally worked.

The manual for the Media 100 is WRONG on connecting BVW-50 decks----their connection directions are NOT correct.

The BVW-50 and many other BVW decks require a REFERENCE signal as others here have suggested. HOWEVER, if you connect the Composite Output of the Junction Box to the Video INPUT of the BVW-50 directluy it will NOT record--you will see the pause button flashing which indicates that there is NO reference signal.

I finally got it to work by connecting the COMPOSITE OUTPUT of the Junction Box to a SONY Monitor video IN and the SONY Monitor's Video OUTPUT to the VIDEO IN of the BVW-50 Deck. That worked and it recorded. The picture was great BUT it seems to have shifted the colors in the recording. The BVW-50 records perfectly if I connect it to me camera so I know it isn't the deck.

Somehow the SONY monitor is adding a reference signal to the output that the BVW-50 accepts.

Still would like a better solution if anyone has one? Thanks!

The Infomercial King

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]