MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

FCP on AJA-OEM based Media 100 HD...

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran Matthew
FCP on AJA-OEM based Media 100 HD...
on Jul 6, 2006 at 9:37:46 am

...works!

You need the dual boot config as expected, but it works.

Also you WILL be able to buy the software only to go on an existing Kona card (LS/LH/K3), though this will probably work out more expensive (i.e. buying a card + the software separately) than buying through Media 100.

The futures so bright...!

K

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: FCP on AJA-OEM based Media 100 HD...
by
on Jul 6, 2006 at 9:39:43 am

Very good news. Thanks, Kieran for testing!!! A good reason for buying one of the Aja based systems.

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Jul 6, 2006 at 9:45:59 am

I can't take the credit for testing (sterling work by a media 100 reseller) but I am happy to share the news!

Return to posts index

Bobby Mosaedi
on Jul 6, 2006 at 6:19:11 pm

i love it!!!! might be selling the blackmagic multibridge extreme now. Now i cant decide which media100 version i want. it basically comes down to whether you want to be able to real-time upconvert SD to HD ( Suite) or have the ability to digitize analog HD component (HDe). thats almost an imposible decision to make! i want both features. might just have to buy one of each...

id also be interested in that applescript for switching the drivers. i dont want to have two versions of all my programs installed on both partitions taking all that space. but will keep eyes open . did you already recieve your new media100 hardware and software kieran?

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Jul 6, 2006 at 6:28:19 pm

Hi Bobby,

I haven't ordered my HD kit yet as I was waiting for the confirmation. I too am having the "which version" blues, though I think I'm plumping for the HDe as I already have RED and feel that the only advantage to the HD Suite (the SD upconversion) I can live without. The possibility of the 2K just brings visions of horrendously expensive drive arrays.

K

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Jul 6, 2006 at 6:00:51 pm

Thanks Kiernan, So this is the way to go! Very cool!

Greg

Return to posts index

Bobby Mosaedi
on Jul 7, 2006 at 6:16:04 pm

[Kieran Matthew] "Also you WILL be able to buy the software only to go on an existing Kona card (LS/LH/K3), though this will probably work out more expensive (i.e. buying a card + the software separately) than buying through Media 100."

Kieran, where did you find out that you can buy the media100 SW only to work with KONA retail hardware?

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Jul 7, 2006 at 7:22:26 pm

Hi Bobby,

From the Digital Garage Group in the UK. They were the company hosting Media 100 (and Boris) at the Broadcast Live show recently. They did a routine sales follow up and that nugget of info came out.

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]