MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

transition Crashes 8.2.3a repost for Floh

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EclecticBubbatransition Crashes 8.2.3a repost for Floh
by on Jun 30, 2006 at 8:15:39 pm

Floh,
(or others?)

I posted last week an item about some transition rendering related crashes, and was out of office when you replied.... would like to repost to followup
Original message:
Getting fast and complete Media 100 "unexpectedly quit" crashes when I try to access any transition other than the dissolves. Either from the timeline or the "transitions" tab in the edit suite, when I try to put in DVE or wipe effect, BAM, it just shuts down.

media 100 8.2.3a
QT 7.1.1
OS X 10.2.3
Dual G4 1.42

also have gotten some render crashes while rendering titles produced in AE in the title track.

you suggested that 10.2.3 or Boris FX was the problem???

I posted today:

yeah, 10.2.3
sorry, is that a bad?
I had not had other probs until this showed up? I thought it was approved....
er, what now.
I can probably muddle by... I rarely use those transtions, however the render issue on the graphics track is a headache (when I lay down after effects produced graphics...)
should I upgrade to Tiger?

bubba

Return to posts index

FlohRe: transition Crashes 8.2.3a repost for Floh
by on Jun 30, 2006 at 9:59:13 pm

[EclecticBubba] "I had not had other probs until this showed up? I thought it was approved...."

10.2.something is quite old and therefore was not tested with V8.2.3a. While this may be not the reason of the problems you

Return to posts index

BrucemacRe: transition Crashes 8.2.3a repost for Floh
by on Jun 30, 2006 at 11:21:02 pm

Yes there were a few "issues' with 10 2 and everything seemed to come right after 10.3.6 on my system. The big issue IMHO is keeping the Quicktime version in step with the relevant O/S. Upgrade to Tiger and you should be sweet.

Bruce Mc

Return to posts index

EclecticBubbaRe: transition Crashes 8.2.3a repost for Floh
by on Jul 2, 2006 at 7:45:56 pm

Thanks guys.
I'm always slow to upgrade OS because of just that... exotic peripherals. I never know which ones are exotic until I upgrade!
thanks guys.

bubba

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]