MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

16:9 MPEG 4 export

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran Matthew
16:9 MPEG 4 export
on Jun 28, 2006 at 2:00:31 pm

Hi folks,

I've been using the MPEG-4 export function in Media 100 to make files for mobile phones. Up until now the files have been 4:3, but now the source material is 16:9.

How do I convert the file so that it remains in the correct aspect ratio ? There's a button for "preserve aspect ratio" but as the file is 720x576 anamorphic, this doesn't work.

I guess the only way is to make a letterboxed version of the file and convert that, but I was wondering if I'd missed a simple step.

Any help or suggestions welcome!

K

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: 16:9 MPEG 4 export
by
on Jun 28, 2006 at 10:43:13 pm

[Kieran Matthew] "I guess the only way is to make a letterboxed version of the file and convert that, but I was wondering if I'd missed a simple step."

My suggestion would be to render the finished piece through AE to a square pixel 16:9 movie (in whatever resolution you want to end up), and to convert it to MPEG4 then. Support for non-square pixel resolutions is not really reliable between different platforms and media players.

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: 16:9 MPEG 4 export
on Jun 29, 2006 at 8:10:59 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Floh.

When you mention compatability issues, how do they manifest themselves ? Are we just talking about geometry or something more fundamental ?

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]