MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Chapter Markers in Bitvise?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sformby
Chapter Markers in Bitvise?
on Jun 15, 2006 at 6:29:07 pm

Can you export event stream chapter markers in Media 100 i 7.5 and have them show up in Bitvise 1.7? Anyone know the trick for this, or is my version of M100 too old?

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: Chapter Markers in Bitvise?
on Jun 15, 2006 at 7:02:38 pm

You have to open the exported file from Media 100 in QT (Pro?) and enable the text track that has the chapter markers in it.

I went through the mill on this a while back . (http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=4&postid=856094) has the answers

Hope that helps

Return to posts index

CleverMoniker
on Jun 15, 2006 at 7:58:29 pm

You may also have to be sure to add Compression marks at the same timecode as each Chapter mark (in M100i, that is). I know this is the case under OSX when going to DVDSP.

Take a look at this KB Doc from M100's Support Site:
http://support.media100.com/kbsearch/kbDocument.aspx?id=299
It's specifically about OSX stuff, but some of the tips (like the above mentioned Compression marks thing) may be helpful.

fhgwgads

Return to posts index

sformby
on Jun 15, 2006 at 9:53:43 pm

Thanks. The tests I've done so far haven't worked, no text track appears in QT. I know the EventStream stuff in 7.5 was pretty early days of this technology. I'll try the compression markers and report back.

Return to posts index

CleverMoniker
on Jun 21, 2006 at 1:40:28 pm

I know it's been a while, so I hope you get this. I just remembered something else important from that Knowledge Base Document I linked to earlier:

"As of this writing, there is an issue where Chapter Marks from the program will not appear in Compressor if you have not set a Chapter Mark on the first frame of the program in Media 100 i."

My memory is that you don't have to USE the chapter mark on the first frame when you get to your authoring application, it just has to be there so that all the other ones show up.

Hope this helps.

fhgwgads

Return to posts index

sformby
on Jun 21, 2006 at 11:17:57 pm

Thanks for the info. I did run some tests and couldn't get it to work out of 7. 5 and into Bitvise. So I just used DVD Studio Pro to set the chapter markers. I'll try again on the next project and set a chapter marker on the first frame!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]