MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

my sdi has a problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ragonito
my sdi has a problem
on Jun 15, 2006 at 1:28:22 am

Hi,

I'have got two M100, one V10HD and one V7.5XR.
I used to transfert may movies from the HD to the XR by SDI and AES EBU and it worked perfectly. BUt Yesterday I don't why, (yes i know because i'm stupid) i pluged the SDI with a 10 meters cable; It didn't work of course because (i know it now) the cable as to be less than 2 meters. But the problem is that now even with a cable less than 2 meters long the SDI signal doesn't pass. Where does the probleme come from ? the HD or the the XR ? and how can i solve it ? if you could help me I would be so thanksfull.

Olivier

lost in the middle of the pacific

Return to posts index

Brucemac
Re: my sdi has a problem
on Jun 18, 2006 at 7:11:54 am

Hi Oliver
Try resetting preferances to another input type, shut down have coffee, start up again reset audio prefs to Sdi type, again shut down, have coffee, start up and see if it works. please post results. cheers

Bruce Mc

Return to posts index

ragonito
on Jun 21, 2006 at 3:38:47 am

Hi, Bruce Mc

Thank for your respond ! I tried to do what you told me: on the both M100 i throwed away to the trashs the preferances of M100 (exept the registration one) (and the codec one on the HD), I shut down, had a coffee, then start, then set the preferences on the SDI/AES, shut down again, had an other coffee (i began to get nervous because here it's expresso). But unfortunatly it didn't work. I didn't tried a second time because to much work and i need to go to sleep tonight
But i'am wondering where does come from the fail. From the M100HD ?or from the M100 XR ?. Then tomorow or may be the day after (because here in tahiti you have to be patient) a friend of mine will lend me his DVC PRO with an SDI I/O so i will be able to identify witch one of the to M100 got a problem. I will let you know !!
Anyway i'am very thanksfull for your answer and hope we'll keep in touch.
Good night or good day may be for you;
Thank's again

Olivier

Return to posts index

ragonito
on Jun 24, 2006 at 11:00:22 pm

Hi Bruce mc,

Has i told you before a friend lend me his dvc pro with SDI /AES I/O to test our both Media 100.
Now i'am sure that the problem comes from the SDI video output of the media 100 HD. When i drop away the preferences of the media 100HD ("the M100 valet preferences", the "com.Media100.Media100HD.plist" and the "com.Media100HDxVideo output.plist" and start up again: it recreat all the preferences exept the com.Media100HDxVideo output.plist. I think that i got the point where it doesn't goes well. I need to reinstall the "com.Media100HDxVideo output.plist" or may be the all application. But here i'am only the employe and i don't have the code to make installations on the computer, and i can't reach my boss he had a hard week and is sleeping so i can't do anything before monday. I'll have to wait. tell me If you are interrested about the next steps and i will tell you.
Any way i wish you a good week end. and thank's again for your answer.
Olivier

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jun 25, 2006 at 6:23:15 am

Are your Media 100 HD ouput settings set up correctly? (Media 100 preferences->Video ouput). For SD video you should connect to SDI 2 out, and set SDI 2 out to SD. This setting can vary from configuration to configuration, so if it works in one config it could be set to someting else in another config and therefore e.g. output 1080i, which would not work with SD gear.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]