MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 SW - need info

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Summerall
Media 100 SW - need info
on Jun 13, 2006 at 12:46:12 pm

I am currently editing with FCP but would like to try Media 100. A friend that is a rabid Media 100 fan has suggested trying the SW edition. I have a big project coming up in a few months and needed to answer a few questions to see if Media 100 SW would be right for this project. Can someone answer the following questions for me please?

1) Will Media 100SW run on the new intel based Macs? Is is Universal or does it run under Rosetta? Anyone have any real world experience running on a MacBook Pro?

2) Will Media 100SW handle P2 media? The project will be shot on the HVX200 on P2 cards. Can Media 100 edit that material directly or must it be converted to some other format? Any thoughts on this workflow?

Thanks in advance for your time and your expertise.

Ken Summerall
Wellwater Productions

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Media 100 SW - need info
by
on Jun 13, 2006 at 12:57:31 pm

[Ken Summerall] ") Will Media 100SW run on the new intel based Macs? Is is Universal or does it run under Rosetta? Anyone have any real world experience running on a MacBook Pro?"

It does run on the MacBookPro, but currently requires Rosetta. I got my MBP some days ago but did not find the time to test it more in depth, but I will let you know as soon as I can say something about the performance.

[Ken Summerall] "2) Will Media 100SW handle P2 media? The project will be shot on the HVX200 on P2 cards. Can Media 100 edit that material directly or must it be converted to some other format? Any thoughts on this workflow?"

The current version does not have a "P2" option. But it plays many QuickTime formats in realtime without transcoding, and the V11 version that will be released in June will be able to work with DVCProHD files in realtime. The P2 cameras do record DVCProHD files, so you should be good with this release; but since we don

Return to posts index

Ken Summerall
Re: Media 100 SW - need info
on Jun 13, 2006 at 3:54:19 pm

Thanks for the info. I look forward to hearing reports as folks get this installed on their MBP's.

Any ideas on a timeline for a universal version?

Ken

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]