MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Training DVD

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David C.Training DVD
by on Jun 12, 2006 at 4:04:43 pm

We are trying to gauge interest in whether our user base would be interested in a training DVD for Media 100. The price would be sub $100. What do you think? Is this something you would purchase? We are interested in your comments.

BorisFX-Media 100

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Training DVD
by on Jun 12, 2006 at 4:28:31 pm

Hi Dave,

I recieved one of the RED training DVDs when I purchased a while back, and while it was interesting and informative, I don't think that I would have paid for the disc separately.

It may be just me, but I also found it hard to watch the DVD and use the software at the same time, so it became more of a passive learning tool.

I'm sure many people will welcome the DVD, especially new users, but I personally would prefer to see more specific "how to" tutorials on the media 100 website, perhaps accompanied by some streamed video or flash.

As broadband bandwidth gets greater it would be fun to be able to download the turtorials as Media 100 media so you could view the tutorial and maipulate the media itself as you went along. OK so maybe that's a bit far off!

Hope that helps,

Return to posts index

Jerome RobbinsRe: Training DVD
by on Jun 12, 2006 at 8:44:21 pm

Mac OS 10.3.9 Media 100iXR 8.2.2 RED

I purchased the RED DVD set and found it very informative too. I set the dvd in a player and monitor separate from my computer so I could work along with the lessons. It wasn't presented in Media 100 though.

The tutorial that came with Media 100 originally certainly got me started. But I would like a Part 2 version where some advanced features and short cut techniques could be explored.

I upgraded to XR and have not used any of its features. I would benefit from a tutorial on XR and audio enhancement in general.

But maybe Webcasts would also be a way to present the information.

I would probably buy an intermediate to advanced tutorial and certainly an audio tutorial.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Training DVD
by on Jun 12, 2006 at 10:02:02 pm

I was lucky enough to get a proper printed manual for version 10.0.3 which is every bit as good as the manuals that always came with Media 100 in the good old days. However any further help and information is always welcome and whils I agree with the others who would like more tutorials a DVD right now would be nice. Most people can either play a DVD on a second computer or portable DVD player so there would be no problem in looking and doing at the same time. As far as I am concerned - yes please.

Return to posts index

MosaicRe: Training DVD
by on Jun 13, 2006 at 2:50:06 am

I like training tools, but wouldn't use a basic training guide on DVD. I turn to manuals and existing materials for that. (M-100 tutorial guide, for example). Maybe that doesn't ship any longer. I'm afraid I'm one of those people who reads manuals, because you don't know what you don't know until you read about it. And yes, I prefer the written manul over pdf. ;)

However, I seek out new tips and tricks online all the time. Not only does it get me thinking more creatively ("oh, I didn't know it did that!") but I often find the answer to past problems. My request, and money, would be on a DVD that had lots of cool ideas I can learn to replicate. Perhaps a M-100, Boris FX/ Red video version of "Photoshop Down and Dirty Tricks" if you're familiar with that old reference. The shortcuts and ideas from a "power user" are naturally going to improve my skills in a fun, results-oriented lesson. And since it is multi-media format, it can really demonstrate multimedia features, including audio. I'm all for the intermediate or advanced program.

Return to posts index

MarcRe: Training DVD
by on Jun 13, 2006 at 3:00:57 am

One more vote for an intermediate or advanced DVD. Tips, tricks and shortcuts and a Top 10 Assistance Calls and their solution as a bonus.

Return to posts index

vpttpaRe: Training DVD
by on Jun 13, 2006 at 2:55:56 pm

you have my vote for the dvd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved