MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 HD 10.1.3

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Mason
Media 100 HD 10.1.3
on Jun 2, 2006 at 4:33:43 pm

Floh,
I'm still using Media 100 HD 10.1.1 and I'm trying to export (onto the MAC as QT) a very long SD (2-hr) program, to make a DVD, with no success. As you know, there are many bugs with export (to export, I must render everything which causes problems with every freeze frame and many titles). Do you think upgrading to 10.1.3 would solve some of these problems?

I'm on a MAC G5 2gig running 10.3.9.

Thanks in advance,
-Todd

Return to posts index

Michael C.
Re: Media 100 HD 10.1.3
on Jun 2, 2006 at 4:54:16 pm

I tell you, I have TONS of issues with renders of any motion effects, reverses, stills etc. The M100 is a mess at keeping this stuff straight. It also gives you some really worthless .edl references on those clips.

I always save a version_X_rendered copy of the timeline, then I go through and check each effect. When there is a rendering error, I go back to the unrendered program and bring in the unrendered clip... and just try again. Eventually, doing the SAME thing over and over eventually get the stuff rendered right. Clips where in your bins which may have their audio or video extended from a past L-cut seems to cause problems more often. I don't know why.

I'm running 10.1.4 and I just renedered a 15 minute timeline... There was only one error out of about 15 effects this time... not too bad compared to usual. 10.1.4 doesn't solve the issue, that's for sure.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jun 2, 2006 at 8:55:07 pm

There is a bug with rendering TimeFX in 10.1.x, where clips with TimeFX that are lenghtened on the timeline AFTER applying the TimeFX won

Return to posts index

Michael C.
on Jun 2, 2006 at 11:07:14 pm

That is probably the bug I'm running into Floh... I know it happens with speed ups, slow downs, reverses, and even stills.

Most of the time I'll create a time effect, position it in the time line... and then have to render it later so I can create a file that I can send out... That's when the issues happen. Now that I know about the extending issue, I'll try to avoid it.

Does the same bug exist when shortening a clip (pre-render) in the timeline?

Also, any word on why you can not print a bin in "details" view?

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jun 3, 2006 at 8:15:40 am

[Michael C.] "Does the same bug exist when shortening a clip (pre-render) in the timeline?"

No. Shortening is fine.

[Michael C.] "Also, any word on why you can not print a bin in "details" view?"

I would look into V11 when it gets out...

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jun 2, 2006 at 8:58:21 pm

[Todd Mason] "Floh,
I'm still using Media 100 HD 10.1.1 and I'm trying to export (onto the MAC as QT) a very long SD (2-hr) program, to make a DVD, with no success. As you know, there are many bugs with export (to export, I must render everything which causes problems with every freeze frame and many titles). Do you think upgrading to 10.1.3 would solve some of these problems? "

What kind of problems are you seeing there? As suggested you should create a copy of your timeline and render everything there. After rendering check the results, and then do a by-ref export. There

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]