MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Is Media 100 the right program for this project?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Robbins
Is Media 100 the right program for this project?
on Jun 2, 2006 at 5:23:44 am

Mac G-4, Media 100iXR 8.2.2, Boris RED, OS10.3.9 Photoshop 7, DVDStudio Pro4

This is the project: 100 short biographies, 1 screen page with 1 photo.

They want this on DVD with a menu that will list the 100 people being highlighted and a menu with the 100 authors. By clicking on the the name of the honory or the author you will be taken to correct bio page.

I believe they will be providing the written information in a Word document with a photo probably on a CD. But how do I get each one into Media100?

The most time consuming task will be setting up all the markers to link the menu names to the right page and to go back to the main menu.

I have never done something like this before. I am used to working with photos and video footage to edit together with narration or music.

Does anyone have some ideas of how they would go about doing this project? Is Media 100 really the application for this? Is a Boris plug-in going to be of any help?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

jerome

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Is Media 100 the right program for this project?
by
on Jun 2, 2006 at 7:21:06 am

[Jerome Robbins] "This is the project: 100 short biographies, 1 screen page with 1 photo."

As far as I understand there is no moving video involved with this. So there

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: Is Media 100 the right program for this project?
on Jun 2, 2006 at 11:27:10 am

Just as a footnote to Floh's answer,

Is the intention for this DVD to be played on domestic DVD players or on a PC? If it is most likely to be used on a PC you might want to look at Sonic's eDVD software. This would allow the DVD to launch word docs, or PDFs of the biogs when you click on the menus.

Using this method you could have basic biog info (and a nice big picture that moves or zooms)on the DVD video track and leave all the extended info to a PDF doc rather than trying to squeeze it all into a video resolution picture.

Just a thought!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]