MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Desperate for Help Linking Media from Drives That Aren't Mounting.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dog Day
Desperate for Help Linking Media from Drives That Aren't Mounting.
on May 30, 2006 at 11:05:53 pm

I'm looking for someone to service my system and help me "re-build" it in terms of getting my Rorke tower and Media Drives to mount. They are full of the media from all my projects for the past several years and I, of course, haven't as of yet, backed them up. I will pay competitive service prices to any one in the NYC area who has expertise with this. I'm also open to any advice through this post that I could attempt to tackle this on my own, thanks so much. (I'm in Manhattan, NY)

Return to posts index

Michael C.
Re: Desperate for Help Linking Media from Drives That Aren't Mounting.
on May 31, 2006 at 2:28:19 am

Could you give us a bit more info? Where'd your drives go? Did they just suddenly not mount? Did you upgrade your OS? etc, etc...

I did have a drive go bad on my MaxArray about a year or two ago... It was stripped 4 x 4 so I only lost half the media...

...there are services that can go dig up the media that remains, but I believe they're very expensive. Also, try calling Rourke Tech Support... they should be able to tell you exactly what is going on pretty quickly while on the phone.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Jim Calahan
on May 31, 2006 at 3:02:31 am

Try Disk Warrior
http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/

Return to posts index

hbvideo
on May 31, 2006 at 7:03:17 pm

This happened to me with a LaCie firewire drive - I could not see the drive on my desktop but it did show up in disk utility. There I unmounted the drive and then mounted it again and it showed up fine on the desktop.

HB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]