MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 HD: Where are the Color Bars?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juanjo Mora
Media 100 HD: Where are the Color Bars?
on May 30, 2006 at 9:13:44 pm

After a couple of years hiatus, I am working again as an editor; the place I am working in has a Media 100 HD v. 10.1.4.

The problem is I cannot find test patterns and tones anywhere in the system nor in the installation disks that came with it, where are they?

I'd use Syntetic Aperture's Test Pattern Generator but I don't have access to an OS9 machine anymore.

Any ideas? This system sat unused for almost a year but now it's getting work again, I'm having lots of trouble calibrating everything and it seems to me that the way the system handles black levels (maybe video pedestal) is inconsistent and erratic but I'm not sure.

Am I missing something here? I downloaded the manual from Media100's website and it was useless. Should I rent a test pattern generator? Or buy the SMPTE's materials?

BTW, I have an XR 8.2 at home, should I bring the install cd to work and use the test media included? But then what should I use to test in HD? And besides the XR's media is 8 bit, right?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance.

Jj

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Floh
Re: Media 100 HD: Where are the Color Bars?
by
on May 30, 2006 at 9:20:58 pm

[Juanjo Mora] "Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance."

I

Return to posts index

Juanjo Mora
on May 30, 2006 at 9:36:38 pm

Floh, thanks for your super fast and kind answer.

I don't have access to such a deck, all we have at work is Beta SP.

From your answer I guess that test media is not included with Media100 HD, do you know why?

Let me take the opportunity to tell you how much I admire what you have done through all this years for this forum and the Media100 community, you deserve a medal.

Regards,

Jj

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on May 30, 2006 at 9:40:04 pm

[Juanjo Mora] "From your answer I guess that test media is not included with Media100 HD, do you know why?"

There is no test material included; I guess because the full software gets distributed through the web most of the time and it would take too much space to include the bars there. And many decks can create proper bars these days, so the demand is not so high these days. On the other hand it would be nice to have a separate download for bars that match the Media 100 HD system.

[Juanjo Mora] "Let me take the opportunity to tell you how much I admire what you have done through all this years for this forum and the Media100 community, you deserve a medal."

Return to posts index

Michael Todd Thorpe
on Jun 1, 2006 at 12:33:39 am

Hello Juanjo,

If you are using your HD to do SD, I have somefiles, an SD SMPTE bars file and the corresponding 1 khz tone I can send you. The tones are from the old M100i and the SMPTE bars are right from our house SD signal generator. Send me an e-mail to production?kuvi45.com. Replace the "?" with an"@" sign in the e-mail address....

Todd

Michael Todd Thorpe
Producer/Director
KUVI TV45

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]