MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Still no luck with Digital Juice Editor's toolkit

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GregStill no luck with Digital Juice Editor's toolkit
by on May 12, 2006 at 9:48:58 pm

I've rendered animated toolkit overlays and lower thirds with alpha channels using the media 100 codec. I get them into my bins okay, but I can't get them onto my graphics track. I have graffiti and boris fx. I can create a composition which sees the graphic, but I can't lay that on the graphics track and resize or reposition it.

There's got to be some way to use these effects! I've tried laying them onto a Final Cut Pro video track and BAM! they work great! Has anybody used the editors toolkit in Media 100 successfully?

II have M100i 8.2.1 on a Mac G4 1.42 GHZ. Boris FX and Boris Graffiti. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Still no luck with Digital Juice Editor's toolkit
by on May 12, 2006 at 11:57:59 pm

Hi Greg,

Here's what I think you need to do. Use the "juicer" thing you mention to render the sequences as regular Quicktime files. Next set up a composition in the graphics track above the video you want to overlay the sequence on - click on the graphics track, then select "new composition" from the tools menu. Drag the newly created composition to the right length.

Now edit this composition with Boris FX. Create a track and change the track media to movie and use the browser to find your graphic that you exported previously.

This should create a track with the graphic in it that can be sized, positioned, filtered as normal. If the QT file you rendered supports alpha channels (never tried!) then use the setting window to select the aplha type, otherwise use a key filter to handle the transparency. You can also set the graphic to loop (watch for extra frames as Mark mentioned) for as long as your composition lasts.

Apply the effect and render. This *should* work, though I'm working from memory here. Let us know how you get on!

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Still no luck with Digital Juice Editor's toolkit
by on May 13, 2006 at 9:56:04 am

If you render something in the Media 100 i codec in 32 bit (with Alpha channel) you can place them on the Graphics track.

Return to posts index

LukkeeRe: Still no luck with Digital Juice Editor's toolkit
by on May 14, 2006 at 2:24:54 am

... the strange thing is when you render out of Juicer using the M100 codec media 100 crashes. I have done a search of the Cow and found where folks have recomended using the animation codec with alpha (millions colour +). This works for me with both Media100HD and 8.2.1. Drop imported animation onto the graphics track and its there (for M100 8.2.1 it has to be rendered).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved