MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

problems since updatng to HD 10.1.4

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Burnhamproblems since updatng to HD 10.1.4
by on May 8, 2006 at 6:25:12 pm

Hello all,

Just last friday (5/5/06) I updated to 10.1.4 and I am getting two new bugs that I never used to have problems with. Just want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same.

1. Export a program from a timeline as a reference file. open that reference file in quicktime ver. 7.0.4 and the audio/video sync gradually becomes unsynced. The timeline i was working with is 6 minutes long. I do this a lot to get programs into DVD Studio pro after exporting from Quicktime as M2V file.

2. Export a still file from edit suite set as photoshop still. You can bring this still right back into M100 HD and put it next to the video file it came from and the levels are off. The still is darker than the original.

These are two things I do VERY often and I would also like to ask if it is possible to back my system off to 10.1.3..? How does one go about this?

Thank you for any input.

Jay B.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: problems since updatng to HD 10.1.4
by on May 8, 2006 at 9:10:03 pm

[Jay Burnham] "2. Export a still file from edit suite set as photoshop still. You can bring this still right back into M100 HD and put it next to the video file it came from and the levels are off. The still is darker than the original."

Yes, this is a problem. In fact this is supposed to be a feature which has some side effects. The problem is that Media 100 uses RGB16-235 for its legal levels but everything Apple does uses RGB 0-255. So when encoding e.g. a Media 100 stream in Apple Compressor the blacks are too high and the whites are too low. Therefore the engineers at Media 100 have changed everything that goes through the QuickTime export function and scales it from RGB16-235 to RGB0-255. Unfortunately there is no way to scale the image back into the legal range when reimporting something into Media 100 HD, giving you the results you are seeing. I think some work will be done on that for Version 11 to use the QuickTime exporter and stay both in the Apple RGB range and to create files that can be re-imported into HD.

[Jay Burnham] "1. Export a program from a timeline as a reference file. open that reference file in quicktime ver. 7.0.4 and the audio/video sync gradually becomes unsynced. The timeline i was working with is 6 minutes long. I do this a lot to get programs into DVD Studio pro after exporting from Quicktime as M2V file. "

I haven

Return to posts index

Jay BurnhamRe: problems since updatng to HD 10.1.4
by on May 9, 2006 at 12:46:13 am

Floh,

Thanks for the quick reply and valuable info. As for the exporting the timeline part of my post - I open the reference file in QT7 and the file progressively looses sync before doing anything else to it. The actual reference file looses sync over time.

Thank you again for the info
Jay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]