MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Replace Media Function - Question.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael C.Replace Media Function - Question.
by on May 6, 2006 at 9:03:54 pm

How exactly does this work?

Here's what I've been able to notice:

Drag a clip from the source monitor to the timeline and place it over a clip. Hold down the command key and release.

This will replace the video of the clip in the timeline.

If the audio from the source clip is on the same channels it will SOMETIMES replace the audio (but not always)??! I can't figure this part out.

If the audio is not on the same channels it will not replace the audio, but it will retain the old audio sync'd to the newly replaced file. THIS IS BAD and causes sync issues...

Are there key modifiers that I'm un-aware of.

I'm trying to do a massive replace job right now with the same scenes (diff tc).. so I'm trying to lay everything in roughly by eye... I wish the audio would get replaced but the audio mixes and nodes would stay the same...

As it is now, I'm simply deleteing the clip and dragging the new one it because the audio doesn't always follow... And what is really weird is if you repeat the exact same process twice, the audio will sometimes not replace and other times it will replace the previous audio.

Very confusing.

Anyone a master at using this replace function?

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Replace Media Function - Question.
by on May 7, 2006 at 2:05:45 pm

You can modify the replace media preferences in the preferences menu, that will sort the issue with the levels & nodes etc at least. Apologies if you've already done this - thought I'd mention it just in case!

Return to posts index

Michael C.Re: Replace Media Function - Question.
by on May 7, 2006 at 7:09:29 pm

Yeah... all the boxes are checked but it doesn't seem to *always* do it. ?? go figure ??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved