MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

logo into media 100i

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greglogo into media 100i
by on May 6, 2006 at 1:32:21 am

I've got jpeg logo that's black with a white background. How do I work on this in photoshop to have the white transparent so the black logo can be used on the title track? Can someone walk me through the steps? Thanks.

Greg

Return to posts index

FlohRe: logo into media 100i
by on May 6, 2006 at 9:24:22 am

[Greg] "'ve got jpeg logo that's black with a white background"

If the logo really is black with a white background this is pretty easy.
First, open your document in Photoshop
- Create a new RGB document with 768*576 Pixels (PAL) or 720*540 (NTSC)
- Make the whole image black
- go to the "Channel" palette and create a new channel (button in the lower right corner). You now should see "5" channels, RGB, Red, Green, Blue and Alpha. Actually these are only 4 channels, since RGB is Red, Green and Blue together
- Select the "Alpha channel" in the channel palette and make sure that it is black
- Open your jpeg with the logo
- Select all (CMD A) and invert the Logo (CMD I), Copy it (CMD C)
- Back to your new image. Make sure that ony the "Alpha" channel is selected/blue in the layer palette. Paste your Logo (CMD-V).
- Place and resize your logo as needed. Remember that you should stay within the title safe area to view the whole logo on a video screen
- If you click on the eyes next to RGB in the chanel palette you should see much red with a black logo where you have placed it. Actually the B&W logo is acting as an alpha channel for your black RGB layer. This way you don

Return to posts index

GregRe: logo into media 100i
by on May 6, 2006 at 4:18:47 pm

Thanks Floh,

It's still not working. I get to the point where i see the red but all I see is a faint outline of the logo. I've saved this as a tiff, but when i import it into m100 all I get is a black screen with the logo outline. Any thoughts? I must be missing it somewhere. Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

FlohRe: logo into media 100i
by on May 8, 2006 at 7:14:59 am

It could be a problem with the JPEG. When opening the JPEG file, go to the Image->Mode menu and make sure it is set to "RGB". Then do the invert.
Does the inverted logo look okay? Basically what

Return to posts index

GregRe: logo into media 100i
by on May 8, 2006 at 10:20:15 pm

Hi Floh,

Thanks. I actually figured it out by turning on the alpha channel in graffiti. It worked. Thanks so much for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]