MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Looking for Media 100 HD crash reports and bugs

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FlohLooking for Media 100 HD crash reports and bugs
by on May 3, 2006 at 6:25:41 am

Currently we are trying to identify the source for a crash that appears on a daily basis on our systems. But since it is not easy to reproduce I

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Looking for Media 100 HD crash reports and bugs
by on May 3, 2006 at 9:34:13 am

One rather annoying bug is that it is impossible to return the clip colour tab in a bin back to the original green after you may have changed it to another colour. A small matter but since you asked.....!

Return to posts index

Michael C.Re: Looking for Media 100 HD crash reports and bugs
by on May 3, 2006 at 5:32:54 pm

Does this happen randomly and while doing nothing? Or are you usually engaged in some sort of task?

I have seen something similar... sort of. While exporting clips from the edit suite, IF I leave M100HD and go to the finder, when I come back I sometimes loose some textures in the program and the program will almost always crash on the export. (And I'll usually start hearing the audio portion of what it was trying to export).

On long exports, I used to go to other apps... Can't do that anymore with confidence.

But I haven't see the issue exactly as you described. (I have had problems with the screen drawing in the Boris apps when launched via M100HD, but it doesn't crash... I just have to guess at the buttons).

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Looking for Media 100 HD crash reports and bugs
by on May 3, 2006 at 5:46:01 pm

[Michael C.] "Does this happen randomly and while doing nothing? Or are you usually engaged in some sort of task?"

That

Return to posts index

by on May 3, 2006 at 5:55:54 pm

[Floh] "[Michael C.] "(I have had problems with the screen drawing in the Boris apps when launched via M100HD, but it doesn't crash... I just have to guess at the buttons)."

This is some sort of OpenGL problem as far as I know. Do you have the newest versions of the Boris products you?re using?"

My Graffiti 3.0 keyframer is version 3.0.3.041202

My FX 6.1 keyframer is version 61.1.1504

It happens in both programs... It doesn't happen when going into the keyframer directly by double clicking.

[Floh] "[Michael C.] "Does this happen randomly and while doing nothing? Or are you usually engaged in some sort of task?"

That's the problem. It happens randomly, especially when playing back long timelines. But I still did not find a way to reproduce this."

What about playing a bin clip in the source window? Or only when the timeline is scrolling? Maybe that is a clue? Just a thought...

Return to posts index

by on May 3, 2006 at 5:58:09 pm

**Oh, and the boris filters are as follows:

Graffiti 3.0 filter ver. 3.02.041202
FX 6.1 filter = ver. 6.1.1.504

I don't know how that all works, but they're the same versions as the keyframers.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Looking for Media 100 HD crash reports and bugs
by on May 3, 2006 at 6:09:26 pm

I think this could be a good reason to upgrade to Graffiti 4 and FX 8 ;-)
I also saw these problems when working with FX6, but since we are on 8 I haven

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]