MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Question For Floh re. Opacity.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Slowe
Question For Floh re. Opacity.
on Apr 23, 2006 at 12:45:27 pm

When I had Version 10 initially I used the Tutorial to get used to the new features, notably the levels and adjustments to media placed in the opacity track. At that stage I could not acquire my HDV media until I got my Convergent Design box. I was able to drag the levels up and down and see the effect in real time as well as dissolves. I assumed that the media in the Tutorial was HD. Now I have acquired uncompressed HD (from HDV through the box) I find that all dissolves have to be rendered before viewing (not necessary in earlier non HD versions) and the same goes for the opacity track. This is crazy because in order to judge the effect of dragging the line up and down you need to see the picture in real time. Is this correct? The manual seems to indicate that to be the case with dissolves (working in HD) but does not mention opacity.

Your advice on this would be appreciated, it might appear that they have been less than open in describing these features.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Question For Floh re. Opacity.
by
on Apr 23, 2006 at 5:03:01 pm

[Michael Slowe] "Now I have acquired uncompressed HD (from HDV through the box) I find that all dissolves have to be rendered before viewing (not necessary in earlier non HD versions) and the same goes for the opacity track. This is crazy because in order to judge the effect of dragging the line up and down you need to see the picture in real time. Is this correct?"

Two things: for effects like dissolves you can turn on the "draft quality" in Media settings or Project settings->Real Time, and then you should be able to see them in draft in realtime. Don

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Apr 24, 2006 at 8:45:21 pm

Thanks a lot Floh, always such prompt replies from you. I will experiment on the lines you suggest.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Apr 26, 2006 at 9:38:17 pm

Floh I tried what you suggested and neither had any effect, I still can't see dissolves or the opacity adjustment without rendering first, what next?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]