MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

News: Media 100 Announces New Product Line

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cow News DroidNews: Media 100 Announces New Product Line
by on Apr 22, 2006 at 4:28:13 am

(NAB 2006, Las Vegas, NV - Booth SL2596) Media 100, a leading provider of advanced editing systems for the corporate, broadcast, post-production, and multi-media industries, today announced their new product roadmap. The new product line brings 10-bit uncompressed HD and SD editing and broadcast-quality format conversion to Mac OS X

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmondRe: News: Media 100 Announces New Product Line
by on Apr 22, 2006 at 5:27:45 pm

Six months ago on this list I remember wishing/speculating that Media 100 would do exactly this. Hey Boris, can I be your new product manager? ; ) Seriously, I think this is a great move for Boris/Media 100 and for everyone who wants a choice in video editing.

I am a very happy user of Media 100 HD. But before this announcement, I wasn't sure about staying with Media 100 in the future. Now I know I will. For me, the Media 100 interface rules. Most intuitive, easy-to-use system out there. For the last few years, while everyone else was switching to FCP, I was stubbornly clinging to the system that I actually liked to use, and hoping the new ownership would develop a sensible product line. They did. Congratulations!

Return to posts index

Al J. MarschkeRe: News: Media 100 Announces New Product Line
by on Apr 22, 2006 at 6:51:17 pm

Any word on MXF file compatibility? XDCAM is pretty popular around here and getting more and more popular.

Al J. Marschke
BluMars Media
Pittsburgh, PA

Return to posts index

peter hitchcockRe: News: Media 100 Announces New Product Line
by on Apr 23, 2006 at 1:21:19 am

Well I'm still on my Media100 v8.2. FCP seems a little tricky compared with m100.
Hope Boris can make a go with it as there are still m100 fans on the list.
Peter

Return to posts index

Lawrence MarshallRe: Media 100 Announces New Product Line
by on Apr 23, 2006 at 8:14:25 pm

Does this make the current M100HD boardset "obsolete" in the sense that newer, probably less expensive boardsets will be utilized? I paid a pretty hefty price for the current HD boardset and breakout box, had to buy AD-DA audio converters because there was no other way to get analogu audio into and out of the system, etc. Yes it works fine, but also feels like it's going to become a very expensive doorstop less than 1.5 years after buying it...

Larry Marshall

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Media 100 Announces New Product Line
by on Apr 24, 2006 at 2:50:25 pm

Hi Larry,

The "HDx" hardware that you purchased is not obsolete. As you know when we introduced the HDx hardware we pretty much separated the software from the hardware. This allows us to continue to develop software features for your HDx hardware, as well as the AJA OEM hardware. For example, version 11 will allow you to take media and project documents back and forth from HDX and AJA OEM systems.

In the days after NAB you will see new platinum services rolled out for HDx and AJA OEM based systems.

So, your hardware/software is far from obsolete. You will see softwate features rolled out that will work on your system and we intend to introduce more features in the coming months.

Dave Colantuoni

BorisFX-Media 100

Return to posts index

Bobby MosaediRe: Media 100 Announces New Product Line
by on Apr 25, 2006 at 1:33:46 am

Oh goody! just arrived in las vegas and cant wait to get to the booth tomorrow morning. All that news is fine and dandy, but when will we be able to work with compressed HD? when can we digitize through firewire? HDV? will these features be a software only upgrade for both HDX and AJA?

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 Announces New Product Line
by on Apr 25, 2006 at 10:15:43 am

Thanks Dave, good news because I too have just expended a ridiculous sum on the new HD system 10.1.3 and then feared it may be obsolete. As Peter says Media 100 is wonderful to use and I am glad I stuck with it. Is there likely to be any way to master out to tape other than through SDI? There are times when I would like to master in DV to my Sony DSR 20 but that would require firewire out. Currently I have to rent an HDCAM deck for mastering and that is huge and very expensive, even for one day.

Return to posts index

russt1Re: News: Media 100 Announces New Product Line
by on Apr 25, 2006 at 9:10:41 pm

This is welcome news. I'm glad Boris bought M100, this is the first company to aquire M100 that seems to have synergy in moving the product forward. When can we expect to see what the upgrade costs will be.

Return to posts index

David C.Re: News: Media 100 Announces New Product Line
by on Apr 26, 2006 at 2:26:29 pm

You'll see upgrade promotions and platinum services (including a new software update service) being rolled out in the weeks after NAB.

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]