MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Sending out projects for audio work

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
edunwodySending out projects for audio work
by on Apr 9, 2006 at 11:11:03 am

Been through this before but never on this large a scale. On Media 100 HD we are editing a 2 hr Doc that will need audio work done with some sweetening. What is the best way to get audio with time code out to a studio. We also need some pretty major color correction.

What would be the best workflow for this? Sending out

Elliott Dunwody

Bright Blue Sky Productions
4811 Rivoli Dr
Macon, GA 31210

http://www.brightbluesky.com

Return to posts index

johnRe: Sending out projects for audio work
by on Apr 10, 2006 at 1:07:42 am

elliot

i think this (OMF Support) was the straw that broke the camel's back for me with upgrading to HD.

FCP has rock solid and adjustable audio export from its and M100 doesnt.
they didnt seem to see it as necessary - be it financial constarints or user needs -
so i dropped my 4 M100 suites for FCP late last year. and i'm sure i'm not the only one

for years we went without OMF support on the SD product and then finally it arrived, no more exported
stereo pair aiff's without handles to disk. we saved weeks of work with one click.

then suddenly when M100 (under the previous knuckle head adminisration)
went to HD i guess they didnt re-license the OMF ability. so i think you're stuck.

just seems so silly doesnt it? maybe NAB will bring a change?.

Return to posts index

edunwodyRe: Sending out projects for audio work
by on Apr 11, 2006 at 10:24:31 am

Well, I must admit. For the first time in 10 years I'm looking very hard at FCP. Our 844/x is humming along and our old G4 XR is a workhourse. The HD system is still pretty buggy but we make it work. But in this day and time and with our business exspanding, we have got to be able to hang with the big boys. Very, very frustrating.

Thanks

Elliott

Bright Blue Sky Productions
4811 Rivoli Dr
Macon, GA 31210

http://www.brightbluesky.com

Return to posts index

Stephen BullRe: Sending out projects for audio work
by on May 2, 2006 at 7:04:38 am

Hi Elliot,

It may be worth double checking with your Media 100 supplier regarding the OMF export option for Media 100 HD.

We have the option with our HD system and it has been working perfectly for the last couple of months now. I think the company who wrote the software are called Diaquest, but your local Media 100 re seller should know more about it.

Cheers

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]