MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Help - Media 100 crashing after SATA II Two Big drive installed

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TomGillenHelp - Media 100 crashing after SATA II Two Big drive installed
by on Apr 8, 2006 at 12:06:02 am

Hi,
I installed a LaCie Two Big Drive with a card and had to upgrade my Mac OS to 10.3.9 and Quicktime to the latest version and now Media 100 crashes everytime I place a graphic on the time line and want to edit it. It also crashes when I put in a transition and start to render it. The whole screen goes gray and I have to reboot the whole computer. The SATA drive seems to be working ok and it plays back footage I've digitized. Any Ideas? I have a dual 800 G4. And REAL Time EFX board. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

TomGillenRe: Help - Media 100 crashing +
by on Apr 8, 2006 at 12:11:58 am

Also, I noticed in AE on the same computer I was able to render to Animation but when I tried to render to the Media100 codec it crashed in a similar way. Must be something going on with the Media100 codec?? I think the problem is more with the upgrade of the OS rather than the SATA drive. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Jim CalahanRe: Help - Media 100 crashing +
by on Apr 8, 2006 at 3:42:59 am

Are you editing in HD? The drive may not be fast enough, you would need something raided for HD.

Return to posts index

TomGillenRe: Help - Media 100 crashing +
by on Apr 8, 2006 at 4:38:24 am

No HD. I'm still using Media 100i 8.2. The speed is very fast. The crashes are happening whenever I have to render a clip or transition....My Quicktime version is still 6.4. So it's not the QT 7 problem either. Still no luck figuring it out. Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

TomGillenRe: Problem solved
by on Apr 8, 2006 at 5:45:29 am

Jim,
I upgraded to Media 100 Vers 8.2.1 and voila, everything works again!! Yea! Thanks for your concern.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]