MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Need help with Media 100 accessing Rorke drives

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marguuNeed help with Media 100 accessing Rorke drives
by on Apr 3, 2006 at 10:26:34 pm

This is going to be a bit long. I am using an old Media 100 system on a Mac G3, with an old Rorke Data Max Array LVD, both from 1999. They work fine BUT: I've been storing an old project in four of the Rorke "drawer" drives. I just put them into the main housing so I can transfer the data to a new drive for storage. When I first put them in, the computer recognized them as "stripes", and I was able to start transferring the data to the new drive. Then, the computer froze on a corrupted file, and I was unable to get it to respond in any way, so I had to turn of the power at the source. I made the stupid mistake of turning off the main power source before turning off the Rorke, and it began beeping and I immediately turned it off. But now the computer will not recognize the drives, I get a message that says "searching for missing RAID members". I have gone into RAID and tried building a new array, but that didn't work. I'm stuck, and I REALLY need to transfer this data to a new drive, and use the Rorke drives for a new project. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciatied. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Wayne AblerRe: Need help with Media 100 accessing Rorke drives
by on Apr 4, 2006 at 3:42:16 pm

I've lost raids due to a corrupt file several times in the past. Disk Warrior from Alsoft saved my bacon each time and allowed me to rebuild the raid.

http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/

If your raid is recoverable, disk warrior will let you mount it temporarily to the desktop. During this time you can back up any files needed. After you back it up, disk warrior will allow you to rebuild the raid.

It would be great if you can identify the corrupt file and avoid it in the backup process until all your other files are safely backed up. Chances are pretty good that corrupt file is toast. If you try copying it, you might loose your raid again. I would just forget about that file and recapture it.

I hope it works as well for you as it always has for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Wayne

Return to posts index

marguuRe: Need help with Media 100 accessing Rorke drives
by on Apr 4, 2006 at 6:50:02 pm

Ah, Disk Warrior! Thanks Wayne, I knew I was forgeting something. I used that in the past when this happened. Which means I must have a copy of it somewhere, or I'll get it from the link you provided. Thanks again, I'll post an update with the results. - Lynne

Return to posts index

marguuRe: Success!
by on Apr 5, 2006 at 8:20:46 am

Disk Warrior saves the day again! Got the drives back, and can now transfer them. Thanks for the advice!

Return to posts index

Wayne AblerRe: Success!
by on Apr 5, 2006 at 3:25:59 pm

Fantastic!!!

Three cheers for Alsoft

Wayne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]