MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100hd and Sony XD HDCam/Multi cam function

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Topher944Media 100hd and Sony XD HDCam/Multi cam function
by on Mar 29, 2006 at 2:27:03 am

I'm looking ahead to the next project. Does media 100hd (any version) work with the sony XD HD CAM "xmf" files and it's variable bit rates - Is there a multi-cam feature on M100hd yet? Thanks

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media 100hd and Sony XD HDCam/Multi cam function
by on Mar 29, 2006 at 9:13:12 am

As far as I know the XD HDCam camreas haven

Return to posts index

Al J. MarschkeRe: Media 100hd and Sony XD HDCam/Multi cam function
by on Mar 30, 2006 at 11:24:45 am

We just had a workshop here with XDCAM HD and Avid. XDCAM HD started shipping last week. I shot some video with the HD version. Overcranking/ Undercranking... 60 "frames" per second...Very nice. Orders are being received right now. Avid imports MXF files directly and I believe Avid is Quicktime based. The multicamera and color corection features on the Media Composer were very impressive also.
The Avid "imported" the SD MXF files directly but not the HD files "yet". It's drag and drop from the XDCAM disc to the bin. One clip at a time or several at a time. The XDCAM player shows up as a drive or a Sony camera. As an owner of 4 Media 100 systems I was a bit jealous. Media 100 HD will have to make some large leaps to keep me on board for HD. I can't afford loyalty anymore it's about workfolw.

Al J. Marschke
BluMars Media
Pittsburgh, PA

Return to posts index

topher944Re: Media 100hd and Sony XD HDCam/Multi cam function
by on Mar 30, 2006 at 5:00:49 pm

Great info! Thanks for responding. With a very big show on the horizon - this info was so important! I was getting ready to purchase 2 M100HD systems. I hope Boris is listening! Something the original m100 owners didn't do - or just didn't respond fast enough to the markets needs. Kind Regards - A 2 system long time M100 Fan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]