MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Going from HD to 8.2.3

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne AblerGoing from HD to 8.2.3
by on Mar 28, 2006 at 4:32:58 pm

I'd like to take some media captured in HD and edit it in 8.2.3a. It looks like the only way I can do it is by exporting from HD as self contained clips and then import into 8.2.3a. Problem is I loose timecode that way.

Media 100 says; "Media 100i is now compatible with Media 100 HD and Media 100 sw. This allows you to seamlessly move media between systems."

Is there a way I can preserve timecode and export clips from HD to 8.2.3a. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Going from HD to 8.2.3
by on Mar 28, 2006 at 4:38:00 pm

If you have digitized in the Media 100 i codec you should be able to fast-import the digitized clips into Media 100 i and keep the TC that way. Locate your video clips in the Finder, copy them to the Media 100 i system and import them there.

Return to posts index

Wayne AblerRe: Going from HD to 8.2.3
by on Mar 28, 2006 at 11:18:23 pm

Thanks Flo

I think my problem is network related. This morning I transfered the files via ethernet and I couldn't get them to open on the 8.2.3 system. They will play back in QT player and the get info command shows they're Media 100 NTSC but they won't import to a bin.

This afternoon I copied the same files from my HD system to a firewire drive and everything opened up just as you would expect.

I can live with sneaker-netting with a firewire drive but for very small projects, the ethernet is faster.

Thanks

Wayne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]