MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Mastering HD From Media 100 HD

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Slowe
Mastering HD From Media 100 HD
on Mar 18, 2006 at 9:48:40 pm

Floh, I have a question for you. I have at last gone operational with my Media 100 HD by converting HDV media to HD through the Convergent Design box, which works very well and, by the way, with reliable deck control to the Sony HVR M10 deck. There is though no way of batch digitizing with this set up.

As the only output from Media 100 HD seems to be via SDI I can't even take a DVCAM master off the timeline to my DSR 20 (only firewire to that). I have therefore to master to HDCAM, which I would prefer, but the cost here in London of hiring an HDCAM deck is about

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: Mastering HD From Media 100 HD
on Mar 20, 2006 at 11:28:33 am

Try Video Europe - they have HVW-M2000 VTRS for

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Mar 20, 2006 at 10:23:27 pm

Thanks Kieran, I spoke to them. The hoops I have to go through to open an account you wouldn't believe! My bank assuring them that I am OK is not nearly enough but I will go through the hoops 'cos I need the deck! Their price is slightly higher than you said but not dramatically so. Once again many thanks.

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Mar 20, 2006 at 11:46:33 pm

Oh I believe you - I've been through it! They're a good bunch at Video Europe though, I hire a lot from them and they are always keen to help.

Hope it all goes well!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]