MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Board fails acceptence test

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael LangBoard fails acceptence test
by on Mar 18, 2006 at 4:49:20 pm

Since I do not have any of the support plans, just how much could it cost to repair my
6 year old XS board?

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Board fails acceptence test
by on Mar 18, 2006 at 6:34:58 pm

I don't know what the cost of repair is, but I would expect it to be far more than just buying a second user XS on e-bay (or from the other users here). You'll only need the card and the encryption code, so you won't need the crate, monitors, drives etc. As these are the bits that retain their value, you should get a good deal.

Alternatively you could buy a lower model and use the current deals to upgrade it to XR and 8.2.3. I saw a full QX system go for

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Board fails acceptence test
by on Mar 18, 2006 at 6:35:50 pm

Try contacting techsupport. Another option probably would be buying a used board (e.g. from ebay) with the software version you need.

Return to posts index

Michael LangRe: Board fails acceptence test
by on Mar 18, 2006 at 9:21:04 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. Though Media 100 has served me well...I think I am
going to take this as a sign to move to FCP.

Return to posts index

Jim WiglerEEKS! Don't do that!
by on Mar 18, 2006 at 11:12:54 pm

Look, trade your board in for a LOSSLESS P6000, buy a Magma expansion chassis & G5, and then just hang in there until all the new announcements come from Media 100 next month.

Return to posts index

Joe garvinRe: Failure .. Try this to see if it's really bad
by on Mar 30, 2006 at 6:35:28 am

I remember a few years ago there was a little known problem with the Acceptence test
which I found out the hard way

When I upgraded to ver. 8 or maybe it was 8.1 my P6000 board with DV option failed the acceptance test
I had the board for a few years and I knew it was in perfect shape and had no reason to fail.

The Problem I found out was that if you had more than 1 gb or ram memory the board would never pass the Acceptance test.

To fix the problem I removed one ram chip ran the test and it passed with high marks.... Replaced the ram chip so I had my 1 gb of memory back and the board has been great ever since.... I'm still running with no problems.

I discovered the fix by reading the white papers that m100 had on the web and the was one small statement that talked about ram memory and possible failure of the acceptance test.

Try TESTING your board with less than 1 gb of ram memory ...IT may actually PASS

Good luck
Joe Garvin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved