MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Quality between image from image browser vs image from bin.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome RobbinsQuality between image from image browser vs image from bin.
by on Mar 15, 2006 at 5:41:56 pm

Media 100 8.2.2 OS 10.3.9 Boris RED

I have images in a bin in Media 100 that I brought in via a Sony PD100. I brought a clip in of a group of people at a table as a still shot. I brought in a 2nd cllip that pans the people at the table. When I put these on my time line they both look good and are very sharp.

I then made a new compostion on the timeline and went into the editor. I imported the still photo of the group of people using the Media 100 Browser. Then I set the keyframes to pan around the people just like I had done with the camera version.

The version done in the editor does not look as good and is grainy in comparison.

The Media settings are HDR with 300 quality.

If this is not typical, are there settings I am missing?

Jerome

jerome

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Quality between image from image browser vs image from bin.
by on Mar 15, 2006 at 6:53:58 pm

Firstly check the field dominance of the imported track - this can be done by dropping down the track and clicking on the "face" track, the field order should come up in the settings window.

Also check the local project settings of the Preferences pane. There's a setting called "better quality field rendering" - try with this on or off and see if it makes a difference.

Lastly are you rendering within media100, (i.e. applying the effect and returning to media 100 and then rendering) or exporting from RED? I find that rendering from within Media 100 saves time and often looks better.

Return to posts index

Jerome RobbinsRe: Quality between image from image browser vs image from bin.
by on Mar 16, 2006 at 3:29:22 am

Thanks for the response but I do not follow your directions.

"Firstly check the field dominance of the imported track - this can be done by dropping down the track and clicking on the "face" track, the field order should come up in the settings window."

The Face track has a a drop down of Mask and Media. I do not see a settings window.

"Also check the local project settings of the Preferences pane. There's a setting called "better quality field rendering" - try with this on or off and see if it makes a difference."

Where is the Preferences pane?

"Lastly are you rendering within media100, (i.e. applying the effect and returning to media 100 and then rendering) or exporting from RED? I find that rendering from within Media 100 saves time and often looks better."

I am applying the effect and then returning to Media 100 to render.

jerome

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Quality between image from image browser vs image from bin.
by on Mar 18, 2006 at 7:22:57 pm

Sorry for the delay!

By settings window I mean the window in the top left hand corner of the screen (where you make adjustments to position etc). Clicking on the "face" track, or "media" track in the window where you dropped it down will change that top window to show you settings including "fields" etc.

The Preferences are in the "edit" menu at the top. On my systems the "local project settings" are usually hidden and need to be revealed by repeatedly clicking the triangular arrow at the top of the preferences window. There are also other settings in these preferences can affect the render quality.

Hope that helps

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]