MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

moving a media 100i project from one computer to another

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Fechtmeistermoving a media 100i project from one computer to another
by on Mar 12, 2006 at 11:44:52 pm

Hi there,

I was hoping that someone would help me. I'm trying to move a Media 100i (8.0.1) project from a Mac G4 with a SCSI RAID 0 array running OS 10.2.8 to a G5 running 10.3 and Media 100i running 8.2.? anyway. It is not intuitively obvious to me from the Media 100 literature or anything else what and how to do this.

If someone that has a little experience with this could help it would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping that they're aren't too many steps and that one could give me step by step instructions. They can be somewhat general in nature.

The reason for the move is that the G4 single processor machine is acting up and I need to get this project finished.

Thanks.
Paul

Return to posts index

FlohRe: moving a media 100i project from one computer to another
by on Mar 13, 2006 at 7:14:30 am

On your old system, locate your Bins, Programs (Timelines) and Projects in the Finder. Copy them to some kind of transfer media (FireWire Drive, CD-ROM, whatever...) or copy them to the new system across the network.

Do the same for the Media Files of your project. On your Media drive there is a folder named "xxx Media", where xxx is your project name. Copy this folder to the new system also.
Open your project file on the new system. A "relink media" usually happens automatically and your material should be online then.

Return to posts index

Paul FechtmeisterRe: moving a media 100i project from one computer to another
by on Mar 13, 2006 at 7:22:38 am

Thanks I'll give this a try.....I figured it wasn't to terribly hard.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]