MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

moving project from one computer to another

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Fechtmeistermoving project from one computer to another
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 5:51:14 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way to take a project from a Mac G4 running Media 100i 8.0.1 and export it through an EDL and source files and move that thing to a G5 running 8.2.0 or higher.

The older system is giving me lots of trouble.

thanks in advance for any help on this.

sincerely,
Paul

Return to posts index

matt shortRe: moving project from one computer to another
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 5:59:48 pm

If you have an expansion chasis on the G5 (for your m100 board) just open the project on the G5. Or you could install SW on the G5 and open it with that. No EDLs are necessary. If you use SW though, make sure you make a copy of the project and files because you won't be able to open it in M100i once you open it with SW.

Return to posts index

Paul FechtmeisterRe: moving project from one computer to another
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 6:36:29 pm

Thanks for your speedy reply... could you tell me a little more step by step to go from old computer to the new G5.

I apologize but I'm helping out our school TV studio.

cheers.
Paul

Return to posts index

matt shortRe: moving project from one computer to another
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 9:06:25 pm

Do you have Media100i installed on the G5? What type of drives are you using for your media?

Return to posts index

Paul FechtmeisterRe: moving project from one computer to another
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 10:36:18 pm

Media 100 is installed on both systems. They are scsi raid arrays on the G4 OS 10.2.8 and G5 10.3.? If they were firewire it seems as if it would be easy to just swap them.

Also... are there Media 100 versions that play better with particular OS versions. (i.e. jaguar better with Media 100 8.1 or 8.2) Just curious.

I'm guessing that it isn't always best to upgrade to the latest and greatest....

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]