MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Convergent Design HD Connect LE - Whos got one?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby MosaediConvergent Design HD Connect LE - Whos got one?
by on Mar 9, 2006 at 6:50:03 pm

i had no success getting their other great product - SD Coonnect to work with media100 HD... I was shopping for HDV to SDI converter box for getting HDV footage into Media100HD and picked up the Miranda HD bridge DecXC... everything seems to be fine and dandy with it except it does not come with a scaler for downcnverting to SD! i would like to use this converted to downconvert HDV to betaSP with matching timecode, but seems like its not going to happen. I can pass the HD Signal through Media100Hd in digitize mode, but there has to be some kind of delay that wont make the timecode and audio/video match.

Convergent Design has a box called the HD Connect LE - does everything the miranda does and has a scaler AND is about 600 dollars cheaper...

I read here on a post a while back that you cannot batch acquire from a HDV deck with the HD connect LE... is this true?

I am about to test out the Miranda's batch acquire with Media100HD a little later today. i'll post up the results.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Convergent Design HD Connect LE - Whos got one?
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 7:07:32 pm

I have just got my box and it seems fine after some early 'blips'. It is working fine converting HDV into HD uncompressed which my Media 100 HD acquires successfully and I have machine control. You are right in saying that we cannot batch digitize but I believe that is as much to do with the rather 'toy' Sony deck as with the Convergent Design box.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved