MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100i version 8.2.3 - M100HD compatibilty... not!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Picturemaker
Media 100i version 8.2.3 - M100HD compatibilty... not!
on Mar 9, 2006 at 3:02:32 pm

Hi saw a message posed by Anne Renehan a few weeks giving the bullet points on 8.2.3 new update as:-

-Macintosh OS X Tiger and Apple Quicktime version 7.0 compatibility have been added.
-Media 100i is now compatible with Media 100 HD and Media 100 sw. This allows you to move media, timelines and bins between systems.
-You can now export your timeline to the newly released Adobe After Effects version 7.0.
-Macintosh G5 systems with an expansion chassis can now digitize high data rates. (This fix only applies to systems running Tiger).
-Export timeline audio and video to an Apple iPod.

If only it were true, you can't move edls and bins between 'i' and 'HD' becuase of the extra vertical layers. Although it seems you can with 'sw' that only cost's a few hundred pounds!

Boris, it's great to see you continue to support Media 100i but as a user with three (i) platforms and 1 HD suite; please, please can you work on true compatibilty between the systems, even if it cost's as an upgrade!

Richard Hall

Return to posts index

Bobby Mosaedi
Re: Media 100i version 8.2.3 - M100HD compatibilty... not!
on Mar 9, 2006 at 6:43:08 pm

yea i dont get that... you've always been able to open i projects in HD, but not the other way around. from the way it was stated it sounded like you can go from HD to i, maybe if it was an SD only project and x layers of graphic tracks.

Return to posts index

Arthur Dent
on Mar 10, 2006 at 2:31:56 pm

I've talked to some one at media 100, that should have read that MEDIA from SW is now compatible with 8.2.3 (I guess there was some bug that did not allow Media 100 i codec media rendered out of SW to "fast import" into M100 i). So that might have been some sort of type-oh.

You simply cannot bring an HD or SW time line into 8.2.3. You've never been able to go backwards to an older version. Is there any NLE that can do this?

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Mar 11, 2006 at 2:46:56 am

Although it's understandable why you couldn't open an SW or HD created program in "i", it is still a shame that they didn't fix it so you could re-open an "i" program that had passed through SW for rendering - when I read the release this is what I thought they'd done, and was genuinely excited at the prospect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]