MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 and After Effects Problem.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Stoner
M100 and After Effects Problem.
on Mar 6, 2006 at 4:44:25 am

I give up.

I have a few short M100 clips that I need to utilize in AE. I am an AE novice, but know enough to get the clip in there and add the stuff that I need. The problem comes when I "make movie".

I know there are lots of options for frame rates and field order, but I can't seem to get it right. The quality of the resulting video looks good, but very few seconds, the video will jump or stutter. I've tried making changes to the frame rate (30 vs. 29.97) and nothing seems to solve it completely.

Should frame rates be at 30 or 29.97?? Should field order be top or bottom?

I'm at my wits end. I don't know if this can even be addressed here without having more info.

Thanks!

jeffrey

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: M100 and After Effects Problem.
by
on Mar 6, 2006 at 11:05:12 am

What composition dimensions are you using? PAL is always upper field first, while NTSC 720 is lower and NTSC 640 is upper as far as I know.

Make sure that you set up your composition correctly, use a comp preset for whatever forma t youa re using.

Do you have the Media 100 software codecs installed? If not, download and install them.

What do you mean by "jump or stutter"? Could it be a playback performance problem? Have you limited the data rate of the codec?

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Stoner
on Mar 8, 2006 at 2:23:17 pm

dimensions: 720x486
field order: NTSC (lower first)

in "composition settings": frame rate 30
in "make movie": frame rate 29.97, i export as a QT movie

any other info that would be helpful? the resulting image looks great, but the image will "twitch" to the right every few seconds. it happens randomly, every few seconds.

help!

js

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Mar 8, 2006 at 2:36:44 pm

[Jeffrey Stoner] "any other info that would be helpful? the resulting image looks great, but the image will "twitch" to the right every few seconds. it happens randomly, every few seconds."

Can you see it when you step through the rendered movie frame by frame? Can you post a short sequence somewhere to have a look at it?

Return to posts index

jim Wilcox
on Mar 9, 2006 at 7:41:08 pm

"in "composition settings": frame rate 30
in "make movie": frame rate 29.97, i export as a QT movie"

Seems like you might want your comp settings to be 29.97 as well

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]