MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100hd and Boris Red 3GL

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukkee
Media 100hd and Boris Red 3GL
on Mar 5, 2006 at 9:04:39 pm

Hi all,
I have just installed Red GL in our Media100Hd system and am having issues with the output. I am getting "jiggles", vibrating titles on the output. I am working with the HD 8bit uncompressed setting, but it happens in 10 bit also.
The system is mac OS10.3.9, dual 2.5 G5, 2 Giggs ram, Media100HD 10.1.3, Red 3.0.
Appreciate the help.
lc

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: Media 100hd and Boris Red 3GL
on Mar 6, 2006 at 2:10:35 pm

Hi,

These are just a few suggestions from my own experience with RED 3GL, you may well have been down these paths already.

Firstly, check the field dominance settings are correct for Media 100 use, both in the general preferences and in the track settings - sometimes they get altered by preset effects.

Secondly have a look at the local project settings in the Preferences, particularly the "better quality field rendering" - I have noticed that this setting, though recommended by Boris, sometimes has an adverse effect on some renders. Try a test with it on and off and see what happens.

If the "jiggles" are caused by interlace noise, the 1:2:1 deflicker option can help, though this does produce softer output.

Return to posts index

Bobby Mosaedi
on Mar 6, 2006 at 3:46:07 pm

i experienced the same problem when installing RED on HD. easy solution - download and install the lates boris red patch. It addresses the media100 field dominance issue specifically.

Return to posts index

Lukkee
on Mar 6, 2006 at 4:35:51 pm

Thanks for your help, I will check on the updates.
lc

Return to posts index

Bo
by
on Mar 9, 2006 at 6:24:30 pm

I cannot get video clips to show up in my comp. I threw out the old comp, tried a new one, tried the keyframer, tried importing footage directly frome the harddrive but nothing seems to work. Any help would be great.
Bo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]