MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

8.2.3 SDI Problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wiseman
8.2.3 SDI Problem
on Mar 3, 2006 at 5:09:22 am

I installed 10.4.3 and 8.2.3 on my Dual 867 Mirror Drive Door G4 P6000 XR system. Since the install, I get no SDI video input when AES/EBU (digital) audio is selected in Hardware preferences. When I switch to Analog audio I/O, the SDI video reappears. This also occurs when playing a program out. AES/EBU shuts down the video. Also seems to occur with component video I/O and AES/EBU. My VTR is a Panasonic DVCPro AJ-D650 with SDI and AES/EBU. System is referenced to house synch. Is anyone else using SDI and AES/EBU with 8.2.3 successfully?

Jim Wiseman

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: 8.2.3 SDI Problem
by
on Mar 3, 2006 at 7:30:26 am

Are you sure the AES/EBU in you selected is connected to the deck? It always have been the way that if one of the digital inputs (video or audio) is missing the other does not show up also. Probably you see yellow boxes next to the audio track selection chekcboxes, and this also shuts down any video input

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Mar 3, 2006 at 7:52:50 am

Yes, there were yellow boxes on the audio. The audio was connected. Maybe a deck output problem?

Thanks

Jim Wiseman

Return to posts index

Michael Todd Thorpe
on Mar 3, 2006 at 4:28:50 pm

This could be a deck/signal problem. We have both 100i and HD systems here with an SDI plant. If there is ever a flub up on the AES/EBU signal coming in, the M100's will react.
I know this may sound very basic, but have you double checked your connections? Are your cables in good working conditions, ie: no broken wires or connectors? Are they AES/EBU cables, meaning are they using 110 ohm wire? Can you check the settings on your VTR and make sure the audio is leaving in 48khz? Have you tried shutting down the deck and restarting it? Can you digitize just video, with the audio toggled off in the M100 hardware menu? Also, now that I think of it, did this setup work prior to the software upgrade?

Just some things to check, hope this helps....

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Mar 3, 2006 at 11:32:22 pm

Thanks for the replies. Looks like it was an internal deck problem. Will know when part arrives next week. All these things are good to know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]