MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Preventing Slow-Mo Render in M100i

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
qcostelloPreventing Slow-Mo Render in M100i
by on Feb 24, 2006 at 7:22:28 am

I'd like to be able to export by reference files for use in Cleaner. My issue is that I don't want Media 100 to render out the shots that I've applied motion FX to because I think those effects look better unrendered. Is there a way to trick Media 100 into exporting from a program without rendering motion FX?

I'm using M100i 8.2.3 with Quicktime 7. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Preventing Slow-Mo Render in M100i
by on Feb 24, 2006 at 1:26:00 pm

I'm pretty sure that you can't, but the "unrendered" look is just the single field or draft mode being used instead of rendered interlaced media. You can get that effect buy rendering with the effects media set to draft, or use the deinterlace options in cleaner (though that would do the whole piece).

Mind you, if you are compressing for use on a computer then you are better off de-interlacing anyway, as computer screens aren't interlaced and the footage will look better

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Preventing Slow-Mo Render in M100i
by on Feb 24, 2006 at 10:21:29 pm

Go through your timeline and select each shot with the slo-mo effect applied. When it shows in the edit suite window, select the 'Use Preview Online' box and then 'apply'. Voila... the clip is now rendered (but not really) and you should be good to go.

Gary

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Preventing Slow-Mo Render in M100i
by on Feb 25, 2006 at 3:26:40 pm

[Gary Milligan] "Go through your timeline and select each shot with the slo-mo effect applied. When it shows in the edit suite window, select the 'Use Preview Online' box and then 'apply'. Voila... the clip is now rendered (but not really) and you should be good to go."

Unfortunately this will not work for exporting TimeFX from Media 100 i. This works for playback only.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 25, 2006 at 6:09:57 pm

Hi Floh,

Sorry to disagree... just to make sure I wasn't giving out false information, I repeated the test I did earlier and it seems to work for me. The only negative thing that happened was Cleaner giving the following error message: "Unable to delete flattened movie" - but a finished movie was produced (I can send it to you as proof if you want). I used one of the SV3NTSC QuickTime pre-sets in Cleaner (v 6.0.1). I'm using Media 100 8.2.3 - OSX 10.4.5 - QT 7.0.4 Maybe it's a PAL thing... I don't know.

Thanks,
Gary

Return to posts index

by on Feb 25, 2006 at 6:30:21 pm

Hi Gary,

When I tried this, Cleaner reported that it couldn't find the media for the file - which is consistent with the way (I believe)that Media 100 deals with MotionFX.

Did you export as by reference or as self contained? I'm guessing here, but if you export as Self contained wouldn't Media 100 just render the files as it was exporting?

Return to posts index

by on Feb 25, 2006 at 6:46:49 pm

Hi Kieran,

Exported by reference - 'select' only, not 'source' (don't know if that makes a difference). I just repeated the test yet again - this time I exported the program timeline (only two short clips) to see if maybe there is a difference between exporting just a single clip as opposed to a timeline... no problem. And this time I didn't get any error message from Cleaner.

Gary

Return to posts index

by on Feb 25, 2006 at 6:57:13 pm

I checked qcostello's profile to find out where in the world he is... just trying to determine if it may in fact be a NTSC vs. PAL issue. I'm NTSC... you're PAL... Floh is PAL... (please correct me if I'm wrong). Quinn, where are you?

Gary

Return to posts index

by on Feb 25, 2006 at 7:17:54 pm

Yep, I'm in PAL land, but I've just repeated the test and this time it worked flawlessly! I'm sure I didn't do anything differently, but who knows.

Still it works! Blimey - you learn something new everyday!

Return to posts index

by on Feb 25, 2006 at 7:25:40 pm

Glad to hear it! Now I feel like I've done my good deed for the day...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]