MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Error -19003. Media 100 Library?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
leemce
Error -19003. Media 100 Library?
on Feb 21, 2006 at 10:23:48 pm

It's been a long time since I encountered Error -19003 but I have it occurring again --quite frustratingly -- now. It is happening with a brand new project, containing zero files so far. Media 100 is crashing and showing that error as I try to digitize the very first shot. I tried deleting the new project and starting a new one but the same thing happened when I tried to digitize. (Oddly, I can digitize an audio-only file but video/audio digitizing brings on a crash.)

What solutions are available for overcoming these crashes? Old posts that I dug out say that this error can be caused by duplicate copies of the Media 100 Library. I remember that library from earlier versions of Media 100 but I can't find such a file anywhere on my system now, so I guess that information is outdated.

I am running M100i 8.2.2 on a Quicksilver Mac Dual 800 G4. I've been doing a fair amount of editing on the system lately and there have been no recent hardware or software changes.

Return to posts index

leemce
Re: Error -19003. Media 100 Library? - addendum
on Feb 21, 2006 at 10:28:38 pm

I forgot to mention in post above: There seems to be an indication that Media 100 is not to blame for this problem but that the Finder is actually what is crashing...and then causing Media 100 to go down. I'm not certain of that, of course; so does that make sense? Does that get any closer to a solution?

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Error -19003. Media 100 Library?
by
on Feb 21, 2006 at 10:49:10 pm

I would try removing Media 100s preferences to make sure it is not a Media 100 related problem (I guess it is). After removing the prefs, check all hardware settings, media locations and media settings and try digitizing again.

Return to posts index

leemce
General meltdown
on Feb 22, 2006 at 4:33:34 pm

Thanks Floh. But, sorry to say, this problem seems to be deeper than the M100 prefs. (It would have been nice to fix it that way!) Other strange things are happening with my normally highly reliable G4 Dual 800: I'm getting kernel panics. I often (but not always) get a startup message that says the computer's date and time are off by 20 years, even though the battery is quite new. And, strangely, the computer is not receiving the signal from the Internet via Ethernet cable. That has never happened before and a test shows that the cable is delivering a signal. Seems like a near meltdown and I just have to start trying things. Trashing a few other prefs and deleting recently created files so far hasn't helped.

Any suggestions definitely are invited.

Great! Rright in the middle of one project and just as I'm starting a new one.

Lee

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: General meltdown
by
on Feb 22, 2006 at 4:41:49 pm

Then I would try finding out if it is a system-related problem. First thing I would do is to create a new user account and try if the system works reliable there. If not, do a clean install of the OS and Media 100 to a FireWire drive or an added internal drive and work from this one to see if this is stable. If not, then you most likely have a hardware problem somewhere.

Return to posts index

leemce
on Feb 22, 2006 at 5:35:30 pm

Thanks, Floh. I think you're right. I was hoping to avoid such measures but, oh well...

First I'm going to isolate my arrays to see if one of them might be generating the problem.

Say..if that's the case, do you know if fibre channel drives or arrayed firewire drives are a good/less expensive option these days? (I haven't bought a new array in a long time.)

Lee

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Feb 22, 2006 at 5:44:35 pm

I would either go FibreChannel or SATA; FC if you want the option to add access from multiple systems (SAN), or SATA (either internal or external) if it should be cheap. I don

Return to posts index

leemce
on Feb 22, 2006 at 5:49:58 pm

Thanks Floh. I'll leave you alone now.....I have plenty to do!

Cheers,

Lee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]