MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

m100 create not fluid dvd video

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
macmaurom100 create not fluid dvd video
by on Feb 14, 2006 at 7:34:53 pm

i use m100 8.2.2, g4 dual 1,25 mac os 10,3,9 and quicktime 7,03 pro

i edited a video, a lot of effects (i did it with boris 3,02) still images and clip video
at the end i exported the video (it was fine), i compressed it with compressor i realized a dvd and the result was ok
later i installed the m100 codec i dwl from the m100 site
and later the external firewire HD lacie( d2 extreme 400 and 800fw) was no more mounted on desktopo cause the firewire port 400 were out of order. Two days later, for no apparent reason, the port worked again.
Then, imade some changes to the same video, i exported (i tried all kind of format for exporting comand in m100) i compressed again (i tried any format in compressor, high quality and down) i used as before dvd studio pro and toast to burn dvd but i got a problem
where the video shows still images every thing is ok
instead in the video clip sections, and just in the ones where the moviment is faster ( a man running or a car crossing etc...) a strange effect appears as weaves or million of dots around the moving side of screen.
I tried to export the video from m100 and compress on my other mac where i have FCP and compressor, i had the same problem
The only was to master from m100 a minidv tape, recording it on final cut and then i was able to realize a good dvd (the same file if mastered to dv tape or to a dvd recorder has no problem).
I removed the m100 codec from the computer but this didn't change the situation.
But i'm not sure codecs were the problem....
If the file is corrupted, as it looks, why i can master to tape and master to a dvd recorder too but i can't export, compress and create dvd in the normal way?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: m100 create not fluid dvd video
by on Feb 14, 2006 at 7:44:49 pm

There could be 2 reasons for the problem you

Return to posts index

macmauroRe: m100 create not fluid dvd video
by on Feb 14, 2006 at 11:44:08 pm

thanks a lot
i use pal system
i read the article you suggested on m100 site
i know now that m100 codecs are not compatible with compressor and i have
to remove them