MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Help! Chapter points export problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran MatthewHelp! Chapter points export problem
by on Feb 6, 2006 at 8:08:13 am

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting chapter points to export from media 100 into DVD SP 4. I set the chapter points as normal and encoded in Bitvice, but when I import the m2v files, there are no chapter points.

Exporting again and just importing the by-ref file, yields no chapter points.

Putting compression markers at the same points as chapters now makes chapters appear but they aren't in the right place (all bunched up at the start)

What am I doing wrong !?! HUGE DEADLINE!!! Please help!!!

K

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Help! Chapter points export problem
by on Feb 6, 2006 at 10:38:16 am

Two things: Do you have a chapter mark on the first frame? If not, try setting one there.
And, you have to turn on the chapter track in the QuickTime movie. To do that, open the file in the QuickTime Pro player (Version 7) and press CMD-J to show the clips properties. There you have to activate the Chapter track. In QT6 I think it was under "Edit->Enable tracks". A more detailed explanation can be found here (under the "Chapter" topic. In the BitVice status window you should see the chapters during the first pass of encoding.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Help! Chapter points export problem
by on Feb 6, 2006 at 2:01:21 pm

Thanks for that.

I remember doing all of the above at one stage or another, but I'm wondering if I did all of them at the same time. I'll try again and report back.

Many thanks

Kieran

Return to posts index

by on Feb 6, 2006 at 2:33:36 pm

Ok, done some tests and I have successfully created a m2v in Bitvice with chapter markers.

Unfortunately I have already encoded the 5 hours of material, and there's no time left to re-encode.

Is there anyway to extract the chapter markers from the QT so I can import just that info into DVDSP? (importing the QT directly doesn't yield chapter points even with the track enabled)

Otherwise it's a long slog ahead putting them back in manually!

K

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Help! Chapter points export problem
by on Feb 6, 2006 at 2:55:25 pm

You could try this:

make a copy of the timeline with your chapter marks and remove everything from this timeline. Put a long black clip into it and process this through BitVice. I think it should process quite fast, but maybe not. If yes, then import this m2v file into DVDSP, drop it on a track and the chapter marks will be placed correctly. Then remove the black clip and place your encoded video ont the track.

The other way would be to extract the markers from the new m2v file with a Hex editor and to copy it into a copy of the "old" m2v. Not that I really would try that under a deadline...

Return to posts index

by on Feb 6, 2006 at 4:02:13 pm

Cheers Floh,

I like the first idea, it might just work!

K

Return to posts index

by on Feb 6, 2006 at 4:51:47 pm

Success! (in a roundabout sort of way)

The bitvice way didn't work as it was encoding only marginally faster than the full video.

But here's another way.

Firstly open the QT file in QTplayer
Enable the chapters and disable everything else
Export as Txt to Txt
Open text in Text Edit - edit the format (remove the brackets, change the . for : )
Import into DVDSP as marker list

Thanks again Floh!

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]