MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

drive space G-raid?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregdrive space G-raid?
by on Feb 2, 2006 at 3:39:58 pm

I have m100i 8.1 on a G4 1.42 Mhz I have two 18GB Glyph Scsi drives 10,000RPM and One 72GB Rorke Data drive. I really need more Scsi drive space, but I'm not sure what I should look for and buy. I edit primarily from and to Beta SP. If I could find something on Ebay that would be great. Any suggestions?"

Floh suggested the following: As a cheap solution I would think about investing into SATA storage, which is quick and cheap. You will need a SATA board like the Tempo-X ($199) and some internal or external SATA drives (400GB internal for $ 279 without searching much at CompUSA).

Someone today suggested I purchase 1 500GB G-raid drive instead, and use firewire. Would I be able to do this on my mac and edit to and from Beta SP? Would thiis be a better solution? Is the G-raid compatible? Can I crreate a Raid system with multiple G-Raids? Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Jim WiglerTruthfully, the G-RAID isn't so hot.
by on Feb 2, 2006 at 7:44:50 pm

I have two WiebeTechs and a G-RAID attached to a G4 Dual 1.25, 1.5 Gigs RAM, Media 100i XR, 8.2.2, Tiger and the G-RAID falters when playing back real time transitions fron the Media 100 FX card. :O

Return to posts index

GregRe: Truthfully, the G-RAID isn't so hot.
by on Feb 3, 2006 at 3:44:34 am

What about G technology SATA drives like this one.

What if I combined this with the Tempo-X eSATA 4+4. Would this be the best solution?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved