MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100HD Real-Time Playback Errors (Lags then speeds up)

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael C.
M100HD Real-Time Playback Errors (Lags then speeds up)
on Feb 2, 2006 at 3:44:06 am

I saw this back awhile ago in a post here and I don't think there was a solution.

Occasionally while playing back video the Media100HD will lag/stutter and then speed up to catch up with the audio. It is like the processor just quit working for a second and then tried to catch up. I've never seen this on the M100i using the exact same drives. It doesn't happen even during effects... It happens just playing regular old video.

I'm using the M100i codec on lossless.

Anyone else ever see this? Is it possible that the Mac is doing something in the background that I don't know about that steals the processor? It is not a repeatable problem. You just re-play the same part of the program and everything works fine..

Return to posts index

Bobby Mosaedi
Re: M100HD Real-Time Playback Errors (Lags then speeds up)
on Feb 2, 2006 at 8:59:21 pm

i have notced the lag when scrubbing through the timeline, (ill scrub 30 seconds forward, and the monitor wont respond until i let go of the mouse and then it plays back all the frmaes i scrubbed through reallly fast on its own. from my own experience m100hd is not 100% perfect when working with the media100i codec because it is processing everything in software, as opposed to the p6000 board.

one huge complaint i have is trimming clips with audio scrubbing on... causes media100HD to crash quite frequently, only on clips with media100i codec.

we use the media100 i systems sometimes for editing and playback at a live show or convention and they are so solid, i am very nervous to take the HD system with xserve to depend on for live playback on-site at this time. It will take some time to work the kinks out

bobby

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Feb 2, 2006 at 10:54:07 pm

[Bobby Mosaedi] "i have notced the lag when scrubbing through the timeline, (ill scrub 30 seconds forward, and the monitor wont respond until i let go of the mouse and then it plays back all the frmaes i scrubbed through reallly fast on its own. from my own experience m100hd is not 100% perfect when working with the media100i codec because it is processing everything in software, as opposed to the p6000 board. "

We never see this problem, even with 6 systems playing back and working from the same FC array. And the software codec implemention is on todays G5s much faster than the hardware codec ever was.

[Bobby Mosaedi] "one huge complaint i have is trimming clips with audio scrubbing on... causes media100HD to crash quite frequently, only on clips with media100i codec."

We never got used to the audio scrubbing of Media 100, so I

Return to posts index

Bobby Mosaedi
on Feb 3, 2006 at 12:08:02 am

i myself do not use audio scrubbing much at all, but we do have an editor here that cannot live without it, and it does happen. it will freeze with the spinning color wheel and never comes back to life, we've even let it spin for a couple hours once. nothing. it makes me wonder if there may be a problem with my computer or analog board

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]