MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100/FCP EDL

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Spence
Media 100/FCP EDL
on Feb 1, 2006 at 8:54:49 pm

On my ancient Mac 9500, Media 100 V 6.0, Mac OS 8.5.1, I am trying to "Print to EDL" and every time it crashes the system noting Error type 3. The system is old, that's why I'm migrating to a new G5 with FCP and want to be able to work with old programs, via EDL export/import.

I have never exported (or "printed") to EDL from my Media 100, but I want to know how. If my system is incapable, I need someone to be able to do it for me (preferably via emailing the M-100 project files). Any takers? Of course, I'd be happy to pay after we work out a trial program that actually works with FCP.

Any M-100 to FCP experience would be helpful. Thanks.

Todd Spence

Return to posts index

matt short
Re: Media 100/FCP EDL
on Feb 1, 2006 at 10:47:55 pm

I think the error is a memory issue. You could send me the program files and I'll send you the EDLs. It only takes a couple of minutes.
mattshort1@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Feb 1, 2006 at 10:48:01 pm

Easiest way for you would be to download the Media 100 sw trial version from borisfx.com. Install it on your FCP system, open your timeline there and export it to EDL. Or play around with Media 100 sw and like it, and upgrade e.g. to a Media 100 HD system later ;-)

Return to posts index

Todd Spence
on Feb 1, 2006 at 10:58:35 pm

Thanks, Flo. I get my FCP system next week, so I'll be sure to try your suggestion. Cheers!

Todd

Return to posts index

matt short
on Feb 1, 2006 at 10:48:24 pm

I think the error is a memory issue. You could send me the program files and I'll send you the EDLs. It only takes a couple of minutes.
mattshort1@comcast.net

Return to posts index

RobM
by
on Feb 2, 2006 at 1:00:53 am

Try turning the graphics track off, then print to EDL. If memory serves, I think this was a bug that was fixed in 6.0.3.

Return to posts index

Todd Spence
on Feb 2, 2006 at 1:23:49 am

Rob,

It worked! Fantastic. Since I don't get my FCP system until next week, I'm anxious to know if the graphics (since they were turned off) will come through. Doubt it. I'm thinking I'll have to create a new program, import the rendered media files where the graphics (in the Graphics track) were, then "Print to EDL". Do you agree?

Todd

P.S. Funny how one little thing that is a HUGE problem for me, can be solved with a little friendly insight from another user. I'm new to the "user group" chat/reflect/resolve/repair concept, but it sure seems to be paying off.

Return to posts index

RobM
by
on Feb 2, 2006 at 3:20:38 am

[Todd Spence] "I'm anxious to know if the graphics (since they were turned off) will come through. Doubt it. I'm thinking I'll have to create a new program, import the rendered media files where the graphics (in the Graphics track) were, then "Print to EDL". Do you agree?

Since you disabled the track, they won't be exported, but what you're getting with an EDL will just be placeholder clips anyway - none of the title/graphic information itself will be transferred with the EDL (just an in point and an out point for an empty title clip) so it's probably just as easy to make a note of the times and placement of the titles, then recreate them in FCP (unless there are a ton of them in something like an hour long show.) Your other option would be to update to 6.0.3, but I think that will necessitate updating your OS - check the Compatible Peripherals Guide on M100's site for the specifics.

I think putting imported rendered media files back in the G track will land you right back where you started (due to the bug) but you could try it.

P.S. Funny how one little thing that is a HUGE problem for me, can be solved with a little friendly insight from another user. I'm new to the "user group" chat/reflect/resolve/repair concept, but it sure seems to be paying off."

It's karma - if you put good things out into the universe, then good things will come back to you. At least, I like to think that's how it all works... =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]